There is something that has always bothered me...

by braincleaned 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

It always bothers me that the Society boasts unity, as Jehovah's Witnesses don't have other branches and groups stemming from them, like the Amish for example. The WTS is justified to brag Unity of belief; to the point where the same program is taught in the whole world.

I blame those who leave and yet continue to believe in Jehovah and Jesus (I'm an Atheist). It seems a schism is above those who dissent from the Org. Hence, the JW/WTS continues to sneer at other religions as they do not stay as united - and branch off.

Why is that? Why don't apostates who continue to believe not ''branch off?''

It would prove an important point, no? What am I not understanding?

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Is there no room for the "Revealed Witnesses of Jehovah"? Or "The Christ's Witnesses"?... as an off-shoot? (just an idea...)

• whathappened
    whathappened

Who would have the financial resources to start a new spin off of jw's?

Better question, who could sort through all their wrong teachings and decide which stays and which goes?

Once your eyes are opened to all their lies and distortions, it just makes more sense to forget the whole thing.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It's a word game, something I find quite common with believers and was once important to me.

They don't have division because they don't recognize them. You're either all in, or all out, and if you're out you are no longer related to them in any way. Look at all the Baptist churches. None of them actually agree, but they acknowledge other Baptist churches as growing out of the same tradition. Or the Episcopalians---they had a recent schism over homosexuality---and that broke them up, but they still claim a common tradition. JW's will not do that, therefore there is unity. The Russelites are apostates and have nothing to do with JW's. Looked at another way, and you can argue that they are indeed an offshoot! If they acknowledged them, which they don't.

I don't know if that made sense, but they are ethnocentric. In or out---out no relation.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I find it difficult to grasp why people would leave one crazy belief just to go into another one. At the same time, if they've done the research and feel they are making the right choices, who am I to fault them?

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Thanks for these answers - yeah, makes sense. It just frustrates me how untouchable they are.

• smiddy
    smiddy

How in the world can Jehovah`s Witnesses claim UNITY when every couple of years they change their interpretation of previously beleived scriptual interpretations, of scriptual interpretations made by them ?

What was their interpretation of scripture 5 years ago

What was their interpretation of scripture 10 years ago

what was their interpretation of scripture 15 years ago

What was their interpretation of scripture 20 years ago

Etc. etc. etc.

If they are continually changing their understanding of scriptures ,which they have been doing these past hundred years , that were written down 2000 years ago , then obviously they dont know what their talking about .WHAT IS TRUE TODAY MUST HAVE BEEN FALSE YESTERDAY , the new light fiasco.

• Satanus
    Satanus

There are still 'bible student' groups all over the place. They are from whom the wt branched off. Romania had (has?) a jw group that went off on its own during the cold war, or 2nd war. The wt corp went over there and raised havoc w em.

S

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Romanian group is still going, and holding conventions I believe. The Bible Students who left in Rutherfords early days are still going, and I would think rightly consider JW's as an Apostate breakaway from them, a group of Bible Students who departed in the Thirties here in the U.K are still going, just.

So, the "we do not have schisms" claim is just another WT lie.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Being unified and wrong is probably scripturally acceptable... somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit