Wishful thinking? Will WTBS ever go down?

by MC RubberMallet 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

They will ALWAYS have a large, hardcore following as long as they stick to their 6 core teachings:

• the trinity is a crock
    • eternal hellfire is a crock
    • immortal soul is a crock
    • the true religion says "Jehovah" a lot
    • we are in the 'last days'
    • You can live forever in paradise on earth.

Apart from those things the GB can pretty much piss on everything without hardly stumbling anyone!

• Elephant
    Elephant

lol elephant, now whos wishful thinking?

cupcakes-

laugh away cupcakes...laugh away...

• LV101
    LV101

Well, I gave up hope they'd vanish but read each post on the subject with anticipation.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If they do not go down before, I think the Collective Shift in human thinking will finish them along with all out of date belief.

(The following is written knowing it is a generalising view, there were and will be exceptions )

At one time "Man" could not comprehend the idea of Farming, they were just hunter-gatherers because the brain was not able to form and accept the idea of raising crops.

Fast forward to late 18th Century, the human brain could not conceive of the concept that there was no God in a real Atheistic view until around this time.

Fast forward fifty years hence, religion extinct, belief changed dramatically to what may be possible, but awaiting proof.

No WT, thank God. (Tee Hee, I said God)

The WT may founder earlier than some others, the individuals described by Elephant in the post above , forward thinking, financially aware etc etc, are simply not in evidence as being present within the W.T, they need talent like that to survive, I don't thinlk they have the talent to draw on.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Martin Luther's 95-theses, of almost 500 years ago, proves that one single determined person could be all it eventually takes to reduce the WBTS "empire" to a shadow of its former glory and power...

A fair number of rather determined persons can be found right here on JWN...

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I think it will go down, sooner or later someone will take the money and run

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'll reiterate something I posted here a long time ago regarding my feelings on this subject:

I'm having a hard time imagining how a semi-secretive, authoritarian, apocalyptic millennialist high-control group can adapt...to survive and accomodate the realities of the information-saturated, technologically forward, WikiLeaks-level-transparency-craving socio-cultural environment of the 21st Century...
  • panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I believe the D2D work will decrease, but I'm afarid the WTBS will survive for a long time.Maybe the numbers will decrease, esp in the (first) world countries. As others have pointed out, the internet will have a great influence on the young to think for themselves. Some older members just cannot see another way of living and are true believers no matter how ridiculous some of the changes are, such as the extended generation. I don't see anyone in my family leaving the borg. They have invested their lives in it.

PHG

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There will always be people who want someone to tell them which shoe to put on first, what opinions to have, and how many paper towels to use after they wash up. There will always be people who enjoy the heady power trip of telling people what to do, and know they are doing the former people a favor by stepping into the void that would normally be filled with a thinking brain. The Watchtower merely provides a formal setting for those people to find each other.

Watchtower bible tract society jehovah's witnesses are ideal robots that obey the governing body

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

If it isn't JWs, it will be some other fucking religion. Lots of people will swallow a lot of bullshit from religious leaders.d However, in 50 million years or so our solar system will fall into a block hole. I'm sure that's what it will take to get rid of religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit