Hubby accused me Apostasy today!

by Pureheart 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Pure

Maybe you could slow down a bit. Give him a break between doses of truth. Just a thought.

SS

• Carmel
    Carmel

SJ sweety,

Except for your status disclaimer, that's one of the better posts you've logged.

I'm inpressed.

carm

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

There's something manifestly wrong with a religion which claims to be the 'true' Christianity, yet its members say that the hierarchy will hunt down its members like dogs.

I'd have great hope for your hubby 'seeing the light' as he's already seeing the truth about 'the troof'.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Thanks everyone for your concern.
    Yes he is active and believes that those folks are worshipping God in truth. He acknowledges that wrong things go on, but he believes that it is because of human imperfection, yada yada yada. He doesn’t think I am a submissive wife, because I do not tremble at them. One time he did get really mad at me and said under his breath, “of all the sisters that I could have married, I married you.” That hurt. But I said right back, “maybe you could have married one of those silly pioneer sisters that still are not married because other brothers have sense enough to know that they are pioneering because they are lazy, only working partime “in order to pioneer”. Or you could have married one of those sorry sisters whose husband left them when they came into the “truth”. Those men were just waiting for an excuse to get rid of those sorry things.”
    He is so angry with me right now for not going to the kingdom hall. And when I do go he holds his breath when the brothers approach me because he think I will say something unkind. I told him that I am more intelligent than that. But if they ask me a nosy question I will simply say, “ask my head”. If they persist then I will say that it is none of your business with a look to kill. I told my husband that I do not need their permission or approval. I told him if he wants to be happy with a good and supportive wife he better be nice to me.
    I give him little tidbits from time to time. Sometimes he let me talk a little more than other times. He knows that I am not lying.
    I believe that he loves me. He provides well for me. I just can’t seem to get those rose colored glasses off that face of his. Any more suggestions?

Pureheart

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Slowly, slowly is the best way. Don't sound as though you're bitter against the Borg. Show him the happiness that can come from true freedom.

In the meantime, make positive steps of your own.. determine your own beliefs i.e. not what you've told, but what you yourself believe.

Try looking at the JW brochure which lists the core beliefs of JWs. Ask yourself if you agree with those beliefs. Put a tick or a cross against each one. Then determine why you believe as you do. Are you sure? Do you have a personal relationship with Jehovah/Jesus or is it with the organisation? All these are part of your meditative process.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Well, I for one congratulate you! I also admire you!

I should've gone slowly slowly but alas, it wasn't in me and I was pretty spunky like you. And it payed off too. My hubby is happy to be free just like me!

And he never read COC, ISOCF, AD or any other book. He just knew that the things I was repeating OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER had a ring of truth to them.

I remember laying in bed one morning busting up laughing to the point of peeing just because I asked him, "Do you know what the seventh trumpet blast of revelation is?" And he said, "No." So I said, "You fool! YOu mean you were brought up as a witness and don't know that the seven consecutive assemblies at Cedar Point, Ohio, are the trumpet blasts by the angels in heaven!!!"

Something as simple as that got him thinking. Then we thought of all the other idiotic teachings and one day he just *knew* for sure he wanted out.

Oh, I also challenged him to find a single source proving 607 was the fall of Babylon. He got tired of going to libraries.

The bummer is that I'm not da'd or df'd but whenever I want to hang with the "friends" he wont let me because he thinks I'm going to spill the beans. So he's not completely free. I just wanna have fun with them. You know, play Watchtower Trivial Pursuit.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Pureheart, even though your husband is still active, it sounds as if there might be a few miniscule cracks in the theocratic wall.

He hasn't "reported" you to the elders, so that's good. I'll bet that even though he complains about your forthrightness, he's probably also secretly proud that you are capable of thinking for yourself and that you are intelligent and not just a doormat.

Keep up the good work.

• Will Power
    Will Power

OMGosh
    what a great idea!

"You know, play Watchtower Trivial Pursuit."

That would be hilarious, make up some cards on a color copier and slip them in, then have a tournament with some old shepards!

Pure
    I feel for ya, my sit is similar, only I am forbidden to speak about anything. Good thing I'm creative. Did you know that you can use their own tactics on just about any topic? When its not WT related he might realize the ridiculousness of the argument. You have to play devil's advocate but I love a good discussion and can take just about any side & come up with some good ones. (not meaning fights)
    Good Luck

• out4good3
    out4good3

Wow Pureheart, I wish I could have conversations with my wife where she will at least listen objectively. Anything that paints the WTS negatively is met with an almost bloodthirsty anger and an accusation that she's tired of hearing dissparaging things about it. Even a discussion on doctrinal changes with another studying witnesses we were engaged in ( the generation change) caused an arguement from her. She just didn't seem to understand how profound this change was.

She doesn't push it with me anymore though. With all that blind devotion she has to the WT, she knows that she's well taken care of.
    I refuse to call it the truth anymore which irritates her a little.

I'm still waiting for the light to come on with her though. Hopefully an expose' on the pedophiles running rampant in the Borg will shock those brain cells to taking another closer look at what she's putting this blind faith in.

Still waiting patiently............

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I can sympathize with you, Out. My wife also has no inclination to listen. If I bring up anything negative about JWs, she instantly rants on about how could I trust anything an apostate says or that I read on the web. I tried showing her Bills site at Silentlambs, but she is convinced the accounts are fabricated. She even went so far as to tell me that the Watchtower has never printed any such accounts, so they can't be trusted! Yeah, right! Can you imagine the WT printing accounts of how they let children be molested?

Just the other night, I brought up how can she trust what is said in the Watchtower and her answer was that she research's for herself! ROFLMAO! I have quite a library of Bible related literature put together and so far, she uses none of it. Her "independent research," as she puts it, consists of consulting back Watchtowers and the Insight books.

What amuses me even more is I overheard she and her brats are planning on moving out in May. Of course, they didn't know I overheard it and haven't said a word to me. My gut tells me that part of her motive is coming from consulting elders in her hall where she would be told what a spiritual danger I am. And, I am not even pushing her, just occasionally leave a paper out or bring up a point. Maybe every week or two.

I consider this marriage a loss and am waiting for her to take her kids and leave. Then, my split with the Watchtower be fully complete. I will no longer be pressured by her to "return to the fold." She was a witness to how I was treated by elders and still, thinks I am in the wrong for kicking them out and not submitting to them.

I sincerely hope you fare better than I have, but it appears that freedom and real hope are on the horizon for me.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit