Had a visit on Saturday from 2 JWs

by poppers 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great work Poppers, Steve2 you have to fight fire with fire on these dreadful people having a 12 year old peddling a message of death,hate and destruction is not what any normal 12 year old should be doing, hopefully she may wake up very soon.

• steve2
    steve2
    Steve2 you have to fight fire with fire on these dreadful people having a 12 year old peddling a message of death,hate and destruction is not what any normal 12 year old should be doing, hopefully she may wake up very soon.

Well, simplistic cliches may justify this approach but if you must, please torch the JW adults who send her out there and not the kid.

I speak as one who not only went door-to-door as a small kid with parents or grandparents or uncles and aunts etc., over those years but also had my very own magazine route that I did solo once or twice a month.

• trujw
    trujw

If only you all did it every time. It was many things that made me leave but one question started a thousand cuts.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

excellent work.

• moshe
    moshe

Kids know more about the WT org. than they let on to their parents-

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I've always considered home schooling done for religious purposes as a form of intellectual incest, intentional handicapping of young people to create more JWs in their image. Truly sad...

Planting a seed is all well and good, but the problem is you cannot control the rate of growth. It's a fine line, as that child is also at-risk to hang herself as what she might perceive as the only way out, so I'd think twice before awakening a child who is trapped in a cult by drawing her into the line of fire.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uh, King Solomon - and others...

The child who has the misfortune to be in a cult, IS ALREADY in the "line of fire", speaking from personal experience, here...

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Ziddina said:

IS ALREADY in the "line of fire"

I was referring to the way the OP directed questions directly to a 12 y.o. child vs the parent/guardian with the child.

Generally speaking, children are very observant of the manner in which adults interact/respond, and they tend to go into defense mode rather easily if they are placed on the spot (which obviously happened, if the kid was crying afterwards). That emotion and embarrassment is likely going to fuel their persecution complex and biases, confirming how evil and cruel Worldly people are (at least, that's exactly how Grammy and Mom are going to spin it).

Like I said, it's highly questionable to awaken a person who's in NO position to do anything about their own life: that includes awakening minor children, who MAY see suicide as the only way out (esp if they are born-in with die-hard JW parents, and have no means of support). It's one thing to direct the attack to their parents, but another to attack THEM.

PS your personal experience is countered by many of our personal experiences i.e. your experience is hardly unique around here...

• Eustace
    Eustace

lady said there would be more suicides if they didn't disfellowship people!

What a sicko. Did she have any "reasoning" for this viewpoint?

The people who leave bring family discord upon themselves by choosing to no longer associate with their families.

Lot's of people believe that it's okay to have relationships with people of a different religion. Just because someone changes their religion doesn't mean they're "choosing" to no longer associate with everyone in that religion.

It's JWs who choose to no longer associate with former members of their religion. Shockingly, sometimes they even do this with family members.

Often this shocking behavior on the part of JWs leads to suicide.

The blood is on the hands of the JWs who go along with this anti-family policy.

She brought up the pedophile issue in the RC church and I asked if she knew who Candace Conti was.

Bless you.

What did the Catholic priests and cardinals do with JW elders aren't doing up to this very day?

Covering up child abuse is just as wrong even if the person doing it doesn't believe in hellfire, the trinity, etc.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't agree. If the kid thinks about the encounter later and a little seed is planted, it may be the start of eventual freedom. I remember as a teenage JW I could control my facial expressions very well and thought my own thoughts. She can do the same, maybe she get out a little earlier than she might otherwise have done, because someone planted a seed.

Besides, respectfull but assertively speaking the truth is a good thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit