2012 Annual Meeting: MORE notes...

by Ultimate Reality 46 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic
    "F&DS - Small group of anointed Christians, living at Head Quarters, during Christ's presence, who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritualfood. Note- Individual members are not F&DS. Only when they work as a body are they such!"

That is some bullshit right there! "living at Head Quarters"? They are feeling themselves way too much. And they have shut everyone else out... women, anointed, Russell and associates..... am I missing anyone? I guess they shut Jesus out long ago, so this is par for the course.

eta: I'm missing the 1st century christians.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

so in addition to the angels belonging to them, are they also putting the gb higher than the apostles?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Such double-talk...

" Where do the ideas come from(always asked). There is no hole in the ceiling of the GB conference room! Receive reports from branchs, Zone, and other travelling overseers. Also the GB are constantly reading the bible personally. Others assist in writing. All editorial work is 'closely supervised' by GB "

So here they are saying that their teachings aren't coming directly from Jehovah.

"Remember - jah & jC are the source ofthe food. Don't getto hung up on individual members of GB."

And here they are saying that their teachings are straight from Jehovah and Jesus.

They're still playing their favorite tune, "We're Not Prophets, But You Sure as Sh!t Better Treat Us Like We Are!"

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I guess they shut Jesus out long ago, so this is par for the course."

New Light! In this illustration, the Master is Jehovah. Meaning Jesus is just part of the belongings over which the GB has been appointed!

• fedup
    fedup

Behold - The New FDS of 2012

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

They are resting their laurels even more on 1914-1919 with this, but when you think about it they are undermining the whole 1914 chronology since it was invented by Russell and adventists before him, who they are now saying were not feeding spiritual food at the proper time as the FDS is now said to have not existed until 1919. The implication also is that Russell was not a true member of the anointed either, since he is said to have only fulfilled a John the baptist "messenger" role, and John the baptist was not anointed. C T Russell now appears to have been formally delinked from the organisation. Many JW's, specially the older ones, will balk at this.

And they are also emphasising that every instance in the gospels that Jesus referred to his coming and arrival is in the future. So go figure how Matt 24:3, where the NWT questionably uses the word "presence" instead of coming, proves Jesus became king in 1914? How on earth can Jesus have become present in 1914 before his arrival and coming at the great tribulation? What utterly absurd, contradictory nonsense, a disgraceful abuse of Jesus words related to his own return.

They are also contradictorily saying the GB is the only FDS today because the GB fulfills a very similar role to the apostles and older men in Jerusalem in the first century, yet they are saying no FDS existed in the first century. So they have sawn off the very branch they have just sat on!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That lengthy discussion about that the group of old fogeys dictates the rules that everyone else is supposed to abide by (and I am defining "old fogey" as a person that is intolerant of young people's attitudes and needs, regardless of actual age). This group of scumbags is who decide what is allowed, what is not, and under what circumstances. Do they want to attach another generation to the string of generations? Is playing video games going to be a disfellowshipping offense this year, or just a hounding offense? What about masturbation? Are they going to start disfellowshipping people for masturbation, and if so, under what circumstances? Are they going to invoke a zero-tolerance policy for anything that even resembles magic? Is entertainment going to be banned, and if so, what are the consequences?

Personally, I don't see what is so damn spiritual about that. In fact, you are AVOIDING true spirituality. To advance spiritually, you need to have fun. Sex, including masturbation, is actually good for a person spiritually--and marriage is not needed (gay sex, for those who are naturally homosexual, is just as good as "straight" sex for natural heterosexuals). And since when is avoiding anything with a tiny sprinkling of magic conducive to spirituality? And while they are at it, they should be examining the true spiritual side of "worshiping the sun". They might find that Christmas, sun-worship and all, is actually positive for a soul. Would a loving god deprive his subjects of something like that? Would a loving god deprive his subjects of something that was even spiritually neutral, if it was so much fun?

If Jehovah is going to pollute his table with so much monosodium glutamate and aspartame, I think I will stick to the table of Demons.

• Londo111
    Londo111

So here they take direct responsibility for disseminating outright lies. If it goes through all these checks and articles are vetted this much, they have no excuse.

They almost seem to say that it is not a 2/3 rd majority but the votes need to be 100%. This is bureaucracy at its worst. No matter what an individual's conscience says, no matter their knowledge of the subject, they are bound by the Governing Body's teaching on a subject upon pain of everlasting death.

It is good to be free.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

^Absolutely!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Jeoff Jackson "... Some things are put on hold for years, until ALL are moved by HS!"

until ALL are moved? UNTIL?

Odd that God's Spirit doesn't move them as a united Faithful and Discreet Slave arrangement. It would seem that sometimes the spirit only moves some of them but apparently waits to move them all until a clearer understaning is ready to be received by the domestics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit