MTS & Gilead: Can we talk about how much of a FAILURE these 2 schools were/are?

by Black Man 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

I know quite a few from both of these schools who basically crashed and burned once they got into their assignments. Graduates of these schools would be thrown into foreign territorities or remote areas without a good visible means of support and would get emotionally, mentally, financially BURNED OUT.

Post YOUR experiences or of those you know that went to these pitiful excuses for educational institutions.

• somebody
    somebody

SHAMELESS BUMP.

peace,

somebody/gwen

• sherah
    sherah

ALL of the MTS grads that i know are either back in their original congregations or faded away, at least 12.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

The majority of the ones invited/attended MTS that I know of did not last long in their assignments or did not get one at all. I know of several that got married waiting for an assignment and never got one as well.

I only knew one couple before they went to MTS, they just sortta dissapeared, left Gilead somewhere between getting their assignment and actually going.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The program is harsh and does not take in to account the great toll on missionaries. My church has a strong missionary slant and it program includes required sabbaticals back to their home country after so many years and tons of support. Schools are set up in missionary countries to educate their own children, for instance.

Often the missionaries will spend time in their home country travelling to the various congregations soliciting donations (not to mention catching up with medical and dental).

Frankly, the way the WTS treats its missionaries show a shocking lack of sensitivity and understanding. The earmarks of a stalled beaucracy.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

The only MTS grad I knew came right back home and basically used his status to have his pick of the sisters.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

People burn out so quickly, they often end up back in their home country or near home. So much time alone also often leads to the pitter patter of small feet. Despite the sacrifices of these young couples, the society gets very annoyed when babies or chronic fatigue arrives. The society do everything by the numbers i.e. how much did it cost to train them, fly them out there etc against how long would they have to spend there to make up for that cost...

As for MTS... its just a free token to a young girls parents hearts...

Snare x

• Black Man
    Black Man

bttt

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I knew a couple who came out of Gilead. They were sent to Bosnia. The wife managed but her husband literally cracked up and they had to come home. They were the shame of the congregation. Everyone said he must have been spiritually weak if he couldn't fulfill his obligation to Jehovah. Well, Jehovah and his henchmen did nothing to support this couple other than tell them to pray harder.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I knew one MTS (Ministerial Training School) delegate that signed up and was called for the 6-7 week school(?) He lived in a small town with a small congregation, there were few jobs, most very low paying, but he had a postal job delivering mail making $25 an hour and this was years ago. He had to quit the job with the Postal Service to get the time off to attend the school. So after attending MTS the WTBTS "assigned" him back to his same congregation, but he also had the baggage of signing an oath that he would not marry for a number of years. He returned to his congregation and assumed all his previous roles in the congregation. He did not have a good job for a long time, (years) and his parents who were missionary returns serving where the need was great were fit to be tied about the fiasco created by WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit