F&DS has just become GB - when is this new light disseminated to R&F?

by NeverKnew 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I think I get that this meeting on October 6 was by invitation only.

If I asked a JW to research who the F&DS was, I'm assuming that they'd tell me it is the annointed and maybe even provide me with WT literature from that CD explaining this.

...or would they already know about the change?

I guess what I'm asking is, if I could get them to research the topic, the information would be fresh in their minds so that when they get the new info, they may be more apt to hear.

When or how will this be announced?

• sir82
    sir82

"Cool" JWs, who were invited to the meeting, are already disseminating this info by e-mail / facebook to their "not-so-cool" friends who didn't go.

Those e-mails will in turn be spread far and wide among elctronically-connected JWs.

It will appear in print in a series of WT articles, probably in the winter or spring.

• VM44
    VM44

Wasn't there a thread a few months ago about someone in Brazil saying that the Watchtower was going to announce soon some New Light on some "Academic" topic?

I take "academic" as meaning "doctrinal."

Could this be what they were referring to?

• flipper
    flipper

NEVERKNEW- This subject WAS already disseminated to JW's in a WT study article I started a thread on in the spring of 2009 , but JW's back then were too dense to pick up on what the GB was doing. Here's the thread : http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/174833/1/6-15-WT-GB-More-Powerful-than-Worldwide-Anointed-Dont-Judge-Partaking . The GB has been prepping JW's to see that THEY oNLY are the alleged " faithful slave for several years now

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

How many are invited?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I have to agree with Flipper that this new change has been in the works for a while. I couldn't help notice in yesterday wathctowe study that they now have given themselves the title :the kingdom of God.

Well, half of jdubs in the hall I attend all have connections to bethel and got invited to the annual meeting hook up at the canadian branch. It be interesting is any one of them picked up on the "new light"

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Thanks, Flipper. I'm disappointed that this won't jar anybody... *sigh*

Seems like the WT has pre-planned my every move.

• donuthole
    donuthole

The 2009 article hints at the current "new light", but not the entire change. FDS = Governing Body is how it has been unofficially understood for years anyway. The bit about the FDS not existing prior to 1919 is pretty big. It cuts out all of the apostles and Charles Russell, suggesting that they were not tasked with delivering food at the proper time.

• faddingout
    faddingout

Very interesting, they (gov.body) elevate themselves to the status of a god and millions worship them. My clarity is so much better since I have faded away, im going to check out the link that flipper put up, thanks for the link :)

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Good point donut hole. They are in essence saying that the bible writers in the 1st century were not part of the fds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit