The "Domestics" now include the Great Crowd

by RubaDub 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Just got off the phone with an old friend who attends the Annual Meeting every year.

In addition to the FDS changes, the Domestics now include both the Remnant AND the Great Crowd.

Seems like an easy way of minimizing the importance of those who partake of the emblems today.

Rub a Dub

• Listener
    Listener

Seems that there is now a select group of anointed that have been appointed over the rest of the anointed but the Other Sheep have been promoted to domestics.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

The words 'Super-fine' come to mind.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It will be interesting to hear how this is spun. A "domestic" is one who lives in the same house, or, in the case of a nation, a natural citizen. If the "domestics" includes the GC, that will call into question whether or not the GC is now part of "Spiritual Israel" as natural citizens, which, of course, leads us to question the doctrive of living forever on earth. If the GC is part of the domestics, then it must be part of Spiritual Israel, and they reside in heaven.

I suspect, though, they will say that we are ALL part of Jehovah's household since 'the heavens are his throne and the earth is his footstool' (Isa 66:1) thus ALL are domestics.

It doesn't much matter anymore. In my opinion, if they don't know who Jesus appointed, then it wasn't them.

• tiki
    tiki

my question is.....does this amount to a demotion of the former domestic anointed or is it an elevation for the other crowd of great sheep?

whatever, rub a dub makes a good point - this could eliminate the problem of growing partakers - those extra numbers are just confused sheep..........

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh it definately takes care of the growing number because these so called "annointed", don't have a single say in any matter any more than a plain ol' publisher in just a few months. I think the extra reverance given to these "annointed" will fizzle. That is exactly what the gb wants. I've seen many publishers in the past speak with "annointed" publishers and they give extra weight to whatever they spew because they have a "special relationship as one of Christ's brothers".

I'm so not surprised that this small group of 8 people just made moves to solidify their control and power. I guess 12k other spiritually touched individuals was too much competition for them

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It doesn't change anything except cause more dissonance and it will get the rank-and -file ready to accept massive df'ings under the guise of cleansing the organization. Thank God for the Amazing 8!!!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The best thing for them to do is announce that the great crowd are also in the new covenant and can partake from now, but that only the remnant with a heavenly hope are in the 'covenant for a kingdom' as future rulers, and then stop counting partakers since most JW's will suddenly start partaking. This will fix up a big mistake that Rutherford made, in saying that only those with a 'heavenly hope' can partake. Scripturally, all Christians should partake of course. Whether it's their hope to live forever on earth or forever in heaven doesn't matter, they are all in the 'new covenant' which is simply for forgiveness of sins based on Jesus' shed blood. There is going to be a new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness is to dwell, and if both the anointed and great crowd are now 'domestics' in the master's household, it follows they are all in the new covenant and can all partake of the memorial emblems. Problem solved.

• Clam
    Clam

That's a good one yadda.

Maybe they could ease in more easily by just taking fractions of the emblems?

eg instead of wine: a grape, some water and some yeast, etc.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

you heard it here first.

Coming to a Watchtower magazine in the future, just don't hold your breath,God, sorry, the GB, moves in mysterious ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit