Can they disfellowship my father?

by cookiemaster 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    Giordano - I think he suffers from a psychiatric disorder, but refuses to get help. The local authorities don't take animal cruelty too seriously.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I feel for your problem.............. My step dad was a nasty drunk. As a 15 year old I slept with a piece of re-bar under my bed.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy
    If a person feels free to abuse and kill animals, he/she will have no problem, at some time, abusing or killing people. He needs help. Disfellowshipping is the least of your worries. Take care of your mom, find a way. He's sick.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I agree with Giordano he's insane. He needs professional help.

You know something cookie I have killed a lot of animals but only out of self preservation or because I needed food. I never enjoyed it. The idea of going after a stray dog with a bat or kicking a pregnant cat is insane,

Cookie in the Canadian Arctic we kill animals only if we have to. For example polar bears we shoot with red dye first when we see them. That way we know if a bear shows up repetitively with the red dye he's probably hunting us instead of just passing through.

Sorry if I offended any vegans out there.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Aren't most murders, abuse, etc done by family members?

And don't they say, "I didn't mean to?" If he gets mad, who knows what he will do while chopping up an onion?

Once someone is dead, they are dead.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If the JWs DF'd him, it would be doing the rest of the congregation a favor, but if he is abusing your mom, she should report it and you (and elders if they give a damn) should help her to get in a safe place. Your dad is not safe to your mom or any person. He hurts animals, his wife and he'd hurt you too.

Honestly, if the congregation helped your mom in this, I'd be willing to risk having some warm and fuzzies directed their way. I don't WANT to loathe everything about the org. I am happy to see them do something right. I am happy when true goodness prevails over WT interests.

Aid and abet them to do the right thing for your mom and innocent animals everywhere.

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212
    Sorry your dad is a bastard!! Not sure if being dfed can help him .. Maybe a bat!!!!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Your father's insanity is a separate issue from JW rules and regulations.

You need to learn to separate them.

• millie210
    millie210

Any chance your mom would leave him Cookiemaster?

At some point you are going to want and deserve a life of your own and it would be nice if this got settled in a safe way first.

• kaik
    kaik

Elders can DFs anyone without any reason or cause. If they decide that you do not belong to WT, they can DFs you on any grounds whatsoever. I knew people who were DFs for citing Bible as defense and they were booted right there. I knew a person who was DFs for upheld belief in older publication and was not willing to accept the new light as it was not making much sense. He was out.

If you live in Europe, almost every country in EU has laws against animal abuse and what your father did, can be considered felony. At least in the Czech Republic animal abuse of dogs and cat is a felony where first offense is punishable up to two years and second offense up to five years in prison.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit