Georgia Congressman Paul Broun: Evolution and Big Bang are lies straight from the pit of hell.

by MrFreeze 18 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Broun will get some Fundamentalist Mega-Church to contribute to his reelection campaign.

• glenster
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

This highlights the difference between here and across the pond, here, such a declaration would be political suicide, we have our fair share of believers in Politics, and even Creationists who wish to see it taught as fact in schools, but the latter are not sitting in any elected position usually, they are just lobbyists .

We are really a secular nation (s) now, the biggest group are not affiliated to any religion, though many of them may still "believe" in some way.

NO way would Creationism ever get taught in Science classes, apart from a passing mention as a curiosity like "Flat-earthers" are.

The only danger is that within Faith Schools it is slipped in during some lessons , as there is not sufficient control over these Schools, I do not think they should be funded in any way by the State, but they are.

I suppose there is some danger this fool may progress in Politics in your country ?

As I said , here in the U.K he would be mercilesly pilloried until he disappeared from public view.

• designs
    designs

Phizzy- unfortunately we here in the US will have to suffer with these GOP Christian Fundamanetalists being in elected office for several decades more.

• glenster
  • glenster
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Haha glenster, I watch Daily Show every night. That bit made me crack up. It definitely can make one realize how f'd up our leaders are.

• glenster
    glenster

The pit portion of hell has a really good science department--not sporting
    goods, the pit part. Broun needs to brush up on his science. People have begged
    him to go there, but he won't go. Romney regarding LGBT people--same thing. If
    you go there for a semester, don't pass up the ribs. The pit part has some
    really good ribs that melt off the bone if your meat doesn't melt off your bones
    first.

• designs
    designs

Broun with a degree from Hell, how fitting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit