"CULTIVATE THE SPIRIT OF A LESSER ONE"

by braincleaned 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Aahhh... ya gotta hand it to the WTS, they sure know how to mind-control the flock into getting them to follow unquestionably. The Nov. 25th Watchtower is brilliant in encouraging the sheep to be even lesser than they already are!As they admit, "The Greek word translated “lesser one” means someone who is modest, humble, lowly, insignificant, or of little esteem and influence."Nice...Don't ever question; "One way to cultivate humility is to ponder over the greatness of Jehovah in comparison to us. Actually, “there is no searching out of his understanding.” (Isa. 40:28)" "Appreciating that it is beyond our ability to search out God’s ways ..."No need to study; “It is the realization that no matter how much we learn about Jehovah and the universe, there is still much more to discover.” "... he studied astrophysics and came to an important conclusion. He says: “Based on my studies, I came to realize that current scientific theories alone are not likely to enable man- kind to understand the universe completely." Ah! The crux of the issue: "The one behaving as a lesser one is “great,” or more valuable to Jehovah’s organization..."

Tell this to the molested children in the congregation: "The benefits of being humble and waiting on Jehovah are security and blessings, solace and satisfaction."

It's out there for all to see, yet, I can imagine these slaves to the Borg will nod their heads in approval, and keep their self-loathing going on. Sigh... it's a damn shame.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

If only the Governing Body members would take that to heart. But we could wait for the heat death of the Universe to take place before that would ever happen.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Queit a change from jesus' message that they are all his brothers, well christians are. Shows how nonchristian the wt is.

S

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Indeed Satanus. THey have presumptuously placed themselves between Jesus and the sheep - with no scriptural basis for it at all. If God exists (which I doubt), they are in for some really bad punishment!!!

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

"The Greek word translated “lesser one” means..."

What is the scripture they are talking about here?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sk: "If only the Governing Body members would take that to heart."

I can assure you that the GB thinks that they're the modestest people on the face of the earth. Their motto is: "When it's comes to humility, we're #1!" During GB meetings, they probably come nearly to fistfights in their arguments about which of them is meekest.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

They would tell you, "humility is our MOST OUTSTANDING quaility....in fact it's really what we LOVE about OURSELVES!' - random GB member. ;)

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

@Billy: usually those saying they're humble are the ones that really aren't. "When it comes to humility, we're #1", yeah, wouldn't surprise me if that is how they think. If they really were humble it would be more like "well, we have a lot to learn and still need to work on our humility". Fistfights? Perhaps they'll knock each other out and cause permanent damage? Oops, how politically incorrect on my part, to think such thoughts.

• blondie
    blondie

The higher male jws get in the organization the more they reflect the religious leaders of Jesus time. When visiting a congregation how long does it take the elders and the rank and file to identify the elders, as if it were a title. Or identifies a person as a regular pioneer, and ex-Bethelite or Bethelite. How many proudly say there's Sister Unbelieving Husband with Four Unruly Children (Who doesn't attend many meetings and gets less than 2 hours in each month). The one whose husband won't let her use the car, no one in the congregation has room to give 5 people a ride/or it is too far, or out of the way. Or Older Sister Faithful who never got married or children and regular pioneered until recently and is a little forgetful or delusional. Few remember the people she helped by giving them rides to the meetings, out in service, to the store, looked after their children so they could do these things, who always had those in "divided" families over for dinner. So many jws don't see themselves as the sinners that everyone is; that they can earn a good place with God by outward actions such as at least 1 hour but better 10 hours a month on a slip, where human rules are more important than God's, jws that pray at a restaurant but not at home............where Jesus and the ransom have no place in their lives.

(Luke 18:9-14) . . .But he spoke this illustration also to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and who considered the rest as nothing: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and began to pray these things to himself, ‘O God, I thank you I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week, I give the tenth of all things I acquire.’ 13 But the tax collector standing at a distance was not willing even to raise his eyes heavenward, but kept beating his breast, saying, ‘O God, be gracious to me a sinner.’ 14 I tell YOU, This man went down to his home proved more righteous than that man; because everyone that exalts himself will be humiliated, but he that humbles himself will be exalted.”

• tiki
    tiki

Next brochure:

SELF-ESTEEM

Who needs it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit