Forthcoming Kingdom Ministry School schedule and references

by cedars 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Of course, what each one does in preparation for the school is a
    personal matter.

Wow...the level of control is almost too much to comprehend. Why would they include this comment? Is there an elder that is thinking "Well can I use a laptop when preparing for the school? Hmmm...OH...ok. So It's a conscience matter... I guess I can use my ipad to prepare..." Comments like these that the WT includes are almost insulting to a person's intelligence.

BTW, are any elders here willing to attempt to record portions of the school? I don't believe I've ever seen someone post one here. It would be interesting to here what they say/change right from their own mouths instead of just hearing a report about it.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

RobCrompton - "Marking" - If someone in the cong. is doing something that is wrong but not a disfellowshipping offense (like dating an unbeliever), one of the elders will give a marking talk during the Service Meeting. They won't mention the individual by name, but if you recognize the behavior and know who is doing it you are obligated to mark that individual and limit your association with them. It's like "shunning lite."

Of course, there will be those in the cong. who will take it to an extreme and treat the errant one to a shunning with all the trimmings.

Then there are those who will decide for themselves that someone is not up to code and "mark" them, even without the benefit of a talk or any public announcement.

And, of course, there will be those who will hear the marking talk, scratch their heads, and wonder why Brother Elder is giving a talk on the Service Meeting about dating an unbeliever, not knowing of the evil in their midst. That is, until Sister Gossip clues them in.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's striking how free they are with stating that elders "judge" others. What's the scriptural basis for that? I can only think of scriptures that instruct not to judge and that God will judge.

Weren't there rumours about what the purpose of this meeting would be? I can't remember now exactly what the rumours were. Does this schedule confirm or disprove the rumours?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jookbeard - "I've always wondered why they call it a " Kingdom Ministry School" they have nothing whatsoever to do with "the ministry" they are geared up to punish,enforce, clamp down,spy and be generally abusive as far as can be possible."

When a fundamentalist religion becomes an authoritarian high-control group, punishment, enforcement, clamping down, spying, and general abuse become integral components of the ministry.

It's virtually impossible to avoid by then, because allegience to the ideology has come to outweigh everything else.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Vidiot makes an excellent observation. Your " sprituality " is directly linked with your loyalty to the ideology. Look at Raypublisher's story, and thousands of others like it. If you are not 100% on board, meaning you use no critical reasoning skills when it comes to the WTBTS, then you are spiritually weak. You can even be a Governing Body member, but if you decide to follow your conscience or the scriptures and NOT the ideology, then you simply cannot be allowed to exist within their system. You can lose your " spirituality " overnight in the WTBTS. On the other hand the WTBTS loves those who do not question. Jehovah doesn't need intelligence, he needs those who are available. Non-reasoning slaves are best when building empires. Lawyers and Financial advisers being the exception of course.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It would really be a hoot if we could get a quality audio recording of the up and coming Elders Ministerial School starting in November which runs thru January 2013. We all know of ‘someone’ on this board who can recommend a good device to use and what device to avoid using.

It would be like walking in on-not only the GB with their pants down but the entire WT body of elders exposing themselves as well.

No need to identify yourself right now…..just get the job done and you definitely will be love bombed on this board!

Thank you in advance.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

It's the "Walking disorderly" that gets me.

Means whatever they want it to me mean, doesn't it?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Anyone have notes from this week’s 1 day Elder’s KM school? I think the first one was held yesterday Saturday November 11 th .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit