Eric Reeder's dignified obit

by Patron 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Patron
    Patron

REEDER OAK RIDGE Eric Hampton Reeder September 27, 2012 Eric Hampton Reeder sadly passed away at his home in Oak Ridge on September 27, at 51 years. He's survived by two sons, Tyler and Travis, and many dear friends. He will always be seen in the mountains, seas, suns, and storms he loved. We will miss and love you always Dad. A gathering in his honor will be held Thursday, October 4, contact Tyler 919.345.4442 for details.

Published in Winston-Salem Journal on October 4, 2012

• elderelite
    elderelite

Very nice indeed :-)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for posting that

Just saw your a newbie GREAT to have you aboard

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks Patron.Also welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• trebor
    trebor

Thanks for sharing that Patron. It is appreciated.

• undercover
    undercover

Journalnow.com

You can leave a note on a guest book on the obituaries page.

• BlindersOff1
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Thanks for sharing.......it was a million times better then the dismissive 2 sentence obit that was used before. Welcome Patron!

• Patron
    Patron

Thank all of you for welcoming me! I knew Eric and his first wife and children when I was in the same congregation with them back in the eighties. I’m just a few years younger than Eric; I was a single pioneer at the time and hit it off with his kids. I babysat Tyler and Travis and adored them and they loved me as well. We all became close good friends. The congregation was very social, hip, and always had exciting outings, dinners and parties, and lots of cocktails. We carried flasks in the field service!!! I have never heard of another congregation like it. Have any of you? You really felt like a family or intoxicated, I don’t recall. BTW, I quit drinking when I left the organization.

I was only in this congregation for a couple years and moved out of the area and started a new life in “The Witness Protection Program.” I made new unconditional friends that I still have 25 years later, so I never felt the huge loss of friends that Eric did. I understand why he would miss the entire social side of his friends. His entire life and livelihood was centered around a small town and didn’t have the luxury to move and fade.

I am a well adjust African-American-vegetation-white woman (we a crazy sense of humor, that’s why Eric and I hit it off so well) that was raised in the “truth” (I don’t like using that term) and Iove the life that I made for myself. My reason for joining this site was to read about Eric and now I have been reading for days and days. I was up until 3:30 this morning reading. I see there are many good people that have many things in common, and I have laughed at many things I have forgotten about. I am not DFed and have a dozen friends in The Witness Protection Program, and we find humor in so much of the things we experienced growing up witnesses. Of course they weren’t funny when we were children, but they are now. Several come to mind and when I have more time I will post them for your amusement.

In the meantime this is my philosophy.

Our life has a purpose and it is our mission in life to figure out what that purpose is. Be kind along the way, you may find yourself having to sleep under the same bridge that you crossed just yesterday.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Patron, yes, thanks for sharing and welcome to JWN.

PHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit