When did the Governing Body leaders turn into pawns of Satan? Have they always been, or is this something recent?

by matt2414 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• matt2414
    matt2414

I was wondering about this because I have been telling people I left the Organization because of all the anti-Christian teachings and revelations of late, such as:

• · Hypocritically joining the United Nations even though they teach that all supporters of the U.N. will be destroyed;
    • · Harboring child abusers – Ps. 50:16-18
    • · Going “beyond what is written” by forbidding higher education even such knowledge results in better us of the brains God gave us
    • · Promoting the worship of the Governing Body over God and Christ even though that is idolatry
    • · Sustained Hitlerian opposition to gays in the congregation, something Christ never taught, et al

But after reviewing the teachings from the time of Russell and Rutherford such as the use of the cross, the celebration of holidays, helping the war effort, the mystic use of pyramids, all things that the organization now condemns, I wonder, did the Witnesses EVER have the so-called truth? How stupid was I?

Did I go along with all these lies because I was indoctrinated as a teenager? If that's the case, it's no wonder they don't want their members going to college to develop thinking ability.

• cantleave
    cantleave

How familiar are you with Russel and Rutherford? They make interesting reading....

• matt2414
    matt2414

I'm familiar enough. Even some of the Watchtower publications refer to those beliefs back then, but it makes it seem so innocuous. I guess I felt at the time that if the Society is OK with what went on during Russell's time, I should be OK with it. Those were the "early days" of the organization and Christ later cleaned his house. But did he? The beliefs and abuses have gotten worse.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Rutherford was an authoritarian, lying control freak. He illegally siezed control of the org. He taught all kinds of hateful ideas, mostly forgotten today.

While russel was benevolent, by comparison, he gathered together and invented many crazy doctrines that were antichristian. If there were a satan the devil, he was there from the beginning.

S

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

They never had "the truth" to begin with. There is no single church or group that has a patent on "the truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit