TV & Kingdom

by WildTurkey 14 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

Brittie could you tell me where you guys held that bookstudy? I'm curious to find out if I ever attended a bookstudy you were at! And how old were you @ that point?

((((HUG))))

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The BS group met at my house when I was a kid. It started at 7:30PM, but ALF started at 7:00PM... so we would all watch ALF as people arrived and then start the BS when it was over.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I guess I will date myself....

When we had Tuesday book study, I missed Happy Days and then Laverne and Shirley.

On Friday nights it was Donnie & Marie. I was sick quite often on Friday nights!

When we got switched to Thursday night it was a real bummer.

Sunday, we never got to watch TV. Always out in service or going to the "brunch" at Ponderosa Steak House. Every person in the cong went to Ponderosa after the Sunday meeting. Ostensibly for the salad bar...yeah right...everyone pigged out at the buffet!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Tammie

It was a 10 mile walk from my home to the hall.
    Are you sure about this? You walked 10 whole miles to get to the meeting? Did you walk back home too?

Durant, Oklahoma? That's probably not so far from me.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Saturday morning cartoons.....Muppet babies.......Pee-Wee Herman's playhouse.....ah the 80's......

ashi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit