Was it all for nothing ? We can't we start over again ?

by raymond frantz 20 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

the reason is because JW-ism is closer to atheism than it is to Christianity

Funny ;) I find that a lot of atheists are closer to christianity than some 'christians'. Perhaps because while they do not accept Christ, they do reject many of the lies told about God (other than the lie that He does not exist, lol).

Why can't we be more like the Jews of John the Baptist's day that acknoledged their errors and started over again by whiping the slater clean and getting baptised in expectation of the Messiah's coming ?

We can!

We just can't make that decision for anyone else.

I searched and struggled for a spell as well. But I found peace when I entrusted myself to God, and I found peace and love in looking to Christ, and Christ alone. He is the Truth and the Image of God, after all. He's the one we are to listen TO. The people saying not to do that(like the wts and other religions who say that we must go to them for truth, mediation, life)... well, those are the ones we know are wrong.

Peace,

tammy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would rather worship Satan, the God that did so much to try and liberate us from Jehovah's tyranny (and is so blatant, even in your own LIE-ble, that any thinking person not biased by Christi-SCAM-ity, will thank Satan for that attempt just from reading Genesis 2 and 3), rather than worshiping Jehovah. Satan was supposedly commissioned to look after the human race, and He did above and beyond His calling. Satan was willing to look after and take care of us, even if it meant disobeying Jehovah. Even if Jehovah was actually the enemy.

Even so, I have yet to find a way to do a reverse dedication from Jehovah that actually works. Reverse baptisms and disassociations only sever your ties from the religion, not from Jehovah. The best you can do is to refuse to live up to your dedication (which remains on the astral, waiting to bite you in the axx when you are reincarnated). Just do your utmost to make sure you are not among the too many that return to the witlesses after being out for 20 years or more.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When you realise that you have been inducted into a cult, you have to question everything you thought you knew, not just the bits you didn't like.

Admitting to yourself that everything you thought was Truth is suspect, is the first baby step into real knowledge.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Yes, Black Sheep. But what are those things you thought you knew? Along with the idea that JWs are the chosen of God, would't a partial list include other things you thought you knew? Things like

• Jesus was not resurected
    • Jesus is not God
    • The bible is an instruction book
    • The death of Jesus simply proved a point about obedience
    • Christian worship is not properly liturgical
    • etc

Some people here seem to have done something like a proper analysis of what happened to their belief system; some have then come to the conclusion that atheism is corect after this serious amount of thought. It also seems that others have simply jumped to a cynical atheism as a reaction. For these, it seems that the JWs constant insistence that there is nowhere else to go outside of the JWs seems to have been ultimately correct.

I beat this theme to death, I guess. But it is still surprising how many people -- whose lives were defined for years by JW-ism -- never bothered to understand any of the key teachings of orthodox Christianity, when those teachings were what they had spent years attacking as JWs.

The JWs are wrong in what they affirm, but also wrong in what they deny.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I can increasingly understand those who attend cosy Church of England services. They enjoy some good old hymns, a bit of thought provoking stuff about current events all in a lovely building of mellow stone. There is no requirement to have any strong belief in anything (the vicar probably tends towards atheism). Then off to the pub and home for your roast beef and yorkshire pudding.

Why spoil things with idealism and preaching, the whole thing is a nod to tradition, some fine values and if you are lucky good friends and business contacts. The whole thing is nothing to do with reality but the traditions of our fathers have kept society in some sort of shape since the mists of time. I am not being ironic here, i'm just saying that societal traditions have some value. Just don't get excited and think you have some great throbbing, burning message you could describe as the all embracing, absolute TRUTH.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I can't go back to the Bible. I stopped believing it's the word of God.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• mouthy
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Leavingwt>Sorry darling Satan DOES exist....He works night & day to get us all to doubt.
    MY belief is that he roams around still.God allows it ,because he promised God he could get
    us all to NOT BELIEVE in a Creator...I think he is gathering alot of the wheat,turning them against
    the Creator... Look at the beauty in the world, Flowers, birds,sunsets,animals,etc So wonderful
    THEY still do what they were created to do.But us Humans???? Not on your life We prefer to
    believe what the Ole Devil tempts us to believe. I can testify to that, He visits me daily!!
    But I have a Heavenly Father who promised me "I will never leave you or forsake you"
    I will believe Him ..

Stones that are tossed will be used to build my rock garden

• cofty
    cofty
    Sorry darling Satan DOES exist....

Apart from the fact that Satan appears late in the bible narrative why do you believe this to be true?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Sulla said:

beat this theme to death, I guess. But it is still surprising how many people -- whose lives were defined for years by JW-ism -- never bothered to understand any of the key teachings of orthodox Christianity, when those teachings were what they had spent years attacking as JWs.

Why bother with learning details of various permutations of theology, once you realize that the source upon which ALL Abrahamic theologies are based is false?

If a lot of peanut butter is recalled due to fears of salmonella contamination, do you recall just the jars of peanut butter, or any other products which may have used the same possibly-tainted peanut butter? It doesn't matter if you use peanut butter in a new recipe; it still relies on tainted peanut butter.

The JWs are wrong in what they affirm, but also wrong in what they deny.

Ah, the irony of rejecting them for small differences in theology, when the commonality is tainted peanut butter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit