UK BBC3 Don't Tell The Bride on now

by ballistic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

UK BBC3 Don't Tell The Bride on now

Young couple getting married on "Don't Tell The Bride" are ex-JWs. It's on TV right now. They just did a little piece about why they left the religion and how they lost 100 facebook friends in one night.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting I hope it goes on the iPlayer.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Wasn't there another bride/wedding show on Lifetime or TLC, that had an active JW couple? The show was a competition, and when it came time for the JW bride to enter the church where another wedding was being held, she declined because of "her beliefs."

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Saw a bit of this last night. Anyone know if the couple were baptised? One set of parents attended the wedding and the other didn't. All the guys mates gave him the 24 birthdays he's never had and he had a couple of cigars so he is toast (not that he cares I guess!). He was very into science and obviously educated - I guess that's why he decided his parents way was not for him. He also gave a nice speech which hinted at his feelings of being an outsider as a youth.

It's on iPlayer and repeated over the next week so anyone in the UK can catchup on this pretty easily.

• nugget
    nugget

They seem like a lovely couple and the emotion of it all comes through in a way that is very tangible. Usually this programme is a bit of fluff with a hapless groom with off the wall ideas putting together a wedding of some description. In this case there is a little more to it. What actually was noticable was that the bride goes to a friends house for the three week period. Usually the bride goes to live with her parents. Lets hope their married life is the start of a new positive time in their lives.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks for this, have downloaded it.

Loz x

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, I thought it was a good episode, normally I have to sit through it if my other half has the remote control, lol

• konceptual99
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

For some very, very, very good blog entries on JW related matters see the entries on his blog here:

http://only-curious.blogspot.co.uk/p/contents.html

• ballistic
    ballistic

How did you find his blog mate, I can't find anything on it about the BBC programme?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit