Leaving the Watchtower and your mental health

by Christ Alone 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I have found that non-jws aren't so quick to seek out professional mental health either. But there is an organizational WT effort to block any jws from getting help. There is such a prejudice regarding mental illness in general. Non-trained people think if they knew one person with a mental illness they are qualified to identify it in others, even people in news stories. I still find people who think it is just finding the proper natural cure and talk people out of taking their meds, doctor prescribed.

The WT has members that try to be doctors, tell others what will cure their cancer, their headaches, and on and on. I remember an older sister that came from a WT generation that had been told in print to use the grape cure for cancer. Or the sister who kept telling people that getting shots was wrong although the WTS had movied on with concept.

I don't believe the WTS causes mental illness any more than it causes cancer to a member. But I do believe that organization statements and personal beliefs are barriers to people getting the proper medical help.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I believe in and have benefitted from Psychology, and the work of progressive Psychiatrists.

(Google - "conscience of psychiatry" and "delusions in psychiatry")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit