About Oompa/Eric Reeder on Yahoo

by BlindersOff1 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BlindersOff1
  • darth frosty
  • Kaiser
    Kaiser

Post by BAR-ANERGES

"More to the point, Judas suffered and ended up committing suicide. Are you really going to blame God, Christ, and the Apostles for removing him from their fellowship?!!

Does the fact that he did this make him responsible for Judas's suicide? Jesus didn't feel sorry for Judas because Judas made a choice. Logical people can't blame others for the willful sins they commit and the mental anguish they bring on themselves. If someone's activities bring them into direct violation of scriptural principles they are the ones responsible for the results!"

I just couldnĀ“t believe what i read. These people dont have heart at all...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

No kidding, Kaiser. I read that guy's comments like this:

Judas sold the Messiah to his enemies for money. Eric was given a blood transfusion to keep him alive after a horrific accident.

Hardly a comparison.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's all very telling about the mindset of the typical, kool-aid drinking, mind-controlled JW.

A man killed himself because he was so distraught and despondent as a result of his being shunned by his family members.

What part of that don't they get? What else does anyone really need to know? Are the reasons he was disfellowshipped really that important? He's dead by his own hand because he was depressed as a result of being cutoff by his own family.

It is sad how many JWs lack basic human compassion. It's apparently more important for them to protect their precious organization and their obviously fragile belief system than to feel for another.

Kinda' missing the point of what they claim to be, isn't it?

WWJD?

• somebody
    somebody

00DAD, you speak the truth! How many JWs would give up their own lives to save a brother?

Answer: NONE/ZERO

peace,

somebody/gwen

• undercover
    undercover

"More to the point, Judas suffered and ended up committing suicide. Are you really going to blame God, Christ, and the Apostles for removing him from their fellowship?!!

Does the fact that he did this make him responsible for Judas's suicide? Jesus didn't feel sorry for Judas because Judas made a choice. Logical people can't blame others for the willful sins they commit and the mental anguish they bring on themselves. If someone's activities bring them into direct violation of scriptural principles they are the ones responsible for the results!"

Big man on the Internet. Say that in person to the wrong person, like someone who just lost a loved one to suicide thanks to this cult, and this guy will picking his teeth out of his next shit.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Seems the Witnesses don't have their usual plastic smile filter on that site.

Interesting to see them reply with blunt, unappologetic doctrine rather than trying to misdirect and sugarcoat the truth.

Selfish individuals.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What choice did Judas make? If no one betrayed Jesus, we would have no Risen Christ. The Risen Christ is more important than Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus encouraged him to go ahead and do it. I feel the gospels were written by former friends of Judas b/c he is a complex character. A man who sincerely cares for the poor and not one to just believe every loony thing Jesus did was proper. Judas had standards. I read a tome on Judas within the past two years. One of the most troubling issues with Judas is how he moved from being one man who happened to be Judas to be the symbol for all Jews. The book was loaded with illustrations of art work. He is portrayed as a regular person in early art. As time moved ahead, though, he acquired hooked and ugly features. I suggest reading The Last Temptation of Christ by Katzenzakis. Madeleine L'Engle remarked to me that Lucifer and Jesus must have been very good friends in heaven before the Fall. God will reconcile all. I fail to see an independent Judas in the canonical gospels. Thomas is one of my favorites b/c he doubted. Jesus reassured him. Thomas was not cast out with his questions. John is my favorite for the Logos poem and advanced theology. After Thomas and John, I choose Judas as a basically good human. He is no cartoon character in the gospels.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

BandOnTheRun - Have you read the Gnostic Gospel of Judas?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit