Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-30-2012 WT Study (WITH YOU)

by blondie 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Below is how I feel about these "truths" that are no longer truths but that the Bible Students were teaching.

As always, thank you Blondie.

CoC

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

WT said:

The fact that Jehovah did not do so indicates that he does not view it as vital information for us now.

But it IS vital for God to warn us not to mix wool and linen? Speaking of which, why don't JWs worry about THAT one, nowadays?

That reminds me: anyone else remember looking at food labels on lunch meat (eg oscar mayer balogna) for the presence of an ingredient called 'sodium erythorbate', and not buying it because of the mistaken assumption that the ingredient was derived from erythrocytes, red blood cells? JW version of science, LOL!

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

yeah, paragraph 14 got me too. someone acctually (at the KH) commented "...watchtower doesnt depend on readership...how wonderful is that?"

i accidently laughed out loud (i tried to act like it was a cough).

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had the dubious honor of helping hubby with this study. I though the glossed-over history particularly offensive.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

JESUS assured us that after his death and resurrection, he would raise up a “faithful and discreet slave” that would serve as his channel of communication. (Matthew 24:45-47)

That is an outright LIE. No where in the Bible is there any suggestion or instruction that the spiritistic practice of channeling would be used by God or Jesus to communicate with humans.

Channeling is a practice of entities such as Zetatalk and Ashtar Command, so the Watchtower is using the same methods to communicate with the spirit world that they do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit