oompa and myself

by varian 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

One of the wise reasons to live as long as possible, I found, came from a line Jack Black said in 'Be Kind, Rewind'--if you kill yourself, you're going to miss a lot of great movies. I know I would've regretted it if I'd known even half the cool stuff I've had the chance to see and do. The pain from this experience is a really powerful and enduring one, one that we all carry for the rest of our lives. But it's because of that pain that we see the need to be there for others who need a shoulder to cry on, a person to pick up the phone when they call, somebody to be a support.

Best thing, in my opinion, is to learn to love yourself and love being alone as well--it's far, far better than being with the wrong person, and better still, you're better equipped to love the right person if you feel love for yourself first. Find things that make you happy and devote yourself fully to them. Most of all, learn everything you can about the harm that was done to you, deconstruct it (may I suggest Steve Hassan's 'Freedom of Mind'?). It is definitely good to find people in your area you can connect with as well, if possible.

Take one day at a time, or one hour, one minute, whatever you can handle. Don't think too far ahead because it can be a lot to bear. But you can survive. We all can.

--sd-7

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey Varian

Click on the little envelope on the right hand side of your login name (usually in the right hand corner). Click on the message - at first it will give you an error message - repeat the process and you should be able to read it.

Lou

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit