Who in the hell ate Abraham,s food, Angels or God?

by jam 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

Have anyone heard of women angels? Men angels in

every appearance that I can think of. I may be wrong.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Everything is derivative from Greeks. Amalekites, Phoenicians were Greek tribes. 200000 years of Greek seafaring led Greeks to establish colonies all over the world. There is no Phoenician alphabet. The alphabet is Greek, pure Greek. The Greek alphabet has vowels and consonants. Does the Phoenician also have vowels and consonants? How many Phoenician writings exist?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear jam...

"Have anyone heard of women angels? Men angels in every appearance that I can think of. I may be wrong."

Who is she who looks forth as the morning,
    Fair as the moon,
    Clear as the sun,
    Awesome as an army with banners?

Return, return, O Shulamite;
    Return, return, that we may look upon you!

What would you see in the Shulamite—
    As it were, the dance of the two camps?song of solomon 6:10,12

love michelle

• jam
    jam

Yes, I guess you could say that the Shulamite maiden

was a Angel in Solomon eyes.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

According to the scriptures, the term "angel" simply translates to be someone who is "sent."

It's entirely possible that some of the angels in the Old Testament were mortal men. By using the delegation of authority, these angels can eat, speak and act like mortal men, yet use the power of God to bring about God's purposes.

• mP
    mP

ColdSteel:

And the angels or messengers came from God or the King. Kings in the past were gods, they could give and take life just like God. Roman Caesars, Alexander etc the list is endless. If you appreciate they invented the gods in the sky then it all makes sense.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

From the Horse's Mouth - Metaphysical shapeshifting:

1895 The Watchtower, October 1, page (227-228)

1944 The Watchtower, June 15, page 183

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Imagine . . .

. . . one minute they eat and digest physical foods, the next minute everything disappears into thin air.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Who's to say these three weren't just roving travelers that were overtaken by spirit beings. Kind of reminds me of the movie "Book of Eli" where Eli (Denzel Washington) inherits special powers to defeat those who try to stop him. In the movie Eli says a voice told him a path was laid out where he would reach his final destination in the west coast. When ever his life was in danger he was able to slaughter multitudes with ease. I know this is just fantasy but it's could explain it from a physical perspective.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Aclue, I wouldn't reference a Denzel Washington movie (one I enjoyed, actually) as a defense for non-sensical beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit