Shelby made a wonderful tribute to Eric on Memorial web site

by troubled mind 12 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/OompaAKAEricReed/homepage.aspx

Thank you Shelby , Eric deserves to be remembered properly ! I have posted this on my facebook account too .

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

It's gorgeous!

In the upper left hand corner, I see this

" This Memorial Website

will remain online until

October 14, 2012"

Doesn't look like it can remain longer for as many to see who need to... :(

Still worth it.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Doesn't look like it can remain longer for as many to see who need to.

It can, dear NK (peace to you!), if I choose to "sponsor" it (I haven't decided, yet - the family might scream and shout to the publisher, etc., so we'll have to see).

Peace to both you and dear TM!

A slave of Christ,

SA... who just couldn't let that benign little one-liner be the only thing out there about our dear friend, sorry...

• AnnOMaly
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thats beautiful Shelby.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Shelby, thank you, the love of Jeshuah lives in you, may you have peace. And may dear Eric have peace.

We really must pull together on JWN and make Eric's memory live on by action in various ways, a Candlelit Vigil has been suggested, I think that is wonderful.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

If a candlelight vigil does go ahead, can someone post the exact time when it'll happen, then perhaps those of us who can't be there in person can light one wherever we are and be there in spirit?

• VIII
    VIII

Beautiful!

• AGuest
    AGuest

In an effort not to futher sully a different and more meaningful thread with further unnecessary vitriol, I just need to say, in response to:

[as an aside, I think that actually paying for the ad would be much more effective - and would send a better message - than using the 'freebie' 14-day-trial offer. Using the 'free' service comes too close to the cheap method that his own Watchtower-indoctrinated flesh-and-blood used...]

Sigh... you miss the point, dear Zid (peace to you, and of course you did... because you chose to see something "bad", versus giving the benefit of the doubt). The POINT is, that ANY memorial is free for the first 14 days... regardless of whether the originator wants to extend it for a time, even perpetually... and so available to ANYONE who might want to do something like that (I'm sure you can understand that some folks here are on fixed incomes, financially challenged, broke... even homeless... although they don't always publicly announce it. Such ones shouldn't be precluded from offering public condolences for someone they"loved"... whether they knew such one personally or solely through their posts on this board... though). Because we now live in a world where there isn't ALWAYS a cost attached to such. Somehow, though, that whole "it's the thought that counts" things seems to have missed its mark with you and some others here... which is no surprise. I mean, we all know that while you can take the boy/girl out of the WTBTS, you can't necessarily take the WTBTS vindinctive, negative, hard-hearted, snipe-iness out of the boy/girl. Heck, that's tougher than getting someone OUT of the Borg altogether.

I might have a closer relationship with some here than others do. But I promise you... I would NOT take offense if someone else thought to honor him or her as a result of their OWN regard for them. I mean, what is that?? Who of us have a monopoly on regard for others... and grief over what might have occurred with them? It's like the WTBTS not inviting worldly family/friends to show their regard for a passed member. What IS that??

Good God - the uber-nitpicking/fault-finding/ultra-measuring/asinine oversensitivity of JWs... and many exJWs... never ceases to amaze me. Some may have gotten out of her, but Lord knows... they didn't get very far. Indeed, they're simply hanging around just outside her doors... emotionally.

But I do wish you... and them... peace. Along with the hope that you (and they) truly attain to it... and not just give lip service to having done so.

A slave of Christ,

SA, recalling why it was time to move on from this place... the "something" in the "air"...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thank you, Dear Shelby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit