Femine supplies advice help needed

by jws 43 Replies latest social family

• loosie
    loosie

You are an awesome for thinking about this, especially since mom isn't.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'd skip tampons at that age for now. Complications can arise if they are not changed frequently. (Toxic shock syndrome)

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

"he said no strings attached. So I took 6 boxes."

thanks for that, I haven't laughed that hard in awhile..

• Scott77
    Scott77

And your Ex- is not even concerned or interested to help you? I thought that was weird of her.Is your loved daugher a member of girl scout? How about older in-laws who are females?

Scott77

• zeb
    zeb

ask your local chemist?

• issuesneedtissues
    issuesneedtissues

Jws

You know perfectly well what to purchase. Dont be dense. Are You also so shy about toilet paper and deoderant purchases? Do You get the vapors when making a tooth floss purchase?

Honestly, if You really are so confused over a regular ordinary womans monthly needs then you need to consult a female medical proffessional to have a birds and bees talk with Your Youngster...Sheesh...

• issuesneedtissues
    issuesneedtissues

By the way, had doubts about Your honesty in this matter. I read through Your posts and came to the conclusion that You actually do have some sense. My guess is that You are being silly and or perverted for whatever reason. If You do indeed have a daughter at the cusp of puberty, the last thing in the world she would do is inquire of her silly daddy "pad or tampon".

• freeinmichigan
    freeinmichigan

GOrwell, I got a kick out of that too...being that there really were strings attached!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

http://www.dotgirlproducts.com/the-dot-girl-first-period-kit/

My granddaughter started the day after she turned 10.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Don't wait until the last moment. It is traumatic enough. The message to me at home and school was that I was filhy. If you approach it routinely as a natural part of growing up, she will be less traumatized. Times have changed considerably.

Sanitary napkins make sense as a starting point. I pray she does not feel that she has a curse. Part of my problem was that I had such severe cramps I would screech my head off, sweat, then suffer chills, and finally I vomited my guts out. My parents and the school treated this as the price I had to suffer to bear children. Normal cramps should not be painful. My entire life revolved around how sick I would be.

I hated the pink pamphlets---it had this aura of being tainted.

No one intervened until I became severely ill during college orienation. I ended up screeching my lungs out. The nurses made me see a gyn, and I never suffered again.

Normality. Acceptable. Not a big secret. A Chinese friend whose mom barely spoke English thought that menstraution was caused by German Measles b/c her twin and she started while they had measles. College educated her, too

Good father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit