Can You Believe THIS?

by LDH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassenach
    Sassenach
    I believe you'd have to nail down the definition of 'before,' I suppose if that means immediately before, that's one thing and if it means a while before,that means something else.

Xandit, I think before means before! Prior to God's time of judgement. Remember it will come as a thief in the night, peace and security being the word of the day. So before as in "immediately before" shouldn't be any different, should it?

If I make someone think that really makes my day.

It isn't very thought provoking to be in agreement with everyone.

• thinker
    thinker

Frenchy,
    I'd like to add to your comments.

Those who simply cease to be involved in the faith are not shunned.

How does this statement compare to the following Elder's manual quotes?
    "Disfellowshipped and disassociated ones are shunned by
    those who wish to have a good relationship with Jeho-
    vah". "John counsels against speaking to or associating with a
    disfellowshipped or disassociated person so as not to be "a
    sharer in his wicked works." (2 John 11 )"

Edited by - thinker on 30 January 2001 9:1:30

• JT
    JT

Xandit says about the WT org:

"I take them at their very specific written word."

i don't know whether to Laugh at this guy or cry for him

i wonder would he be the kind of person who would buy a bridge if someone says they have the deed and title to it

just wondering what kind of "Mindset" is willing to take someone at their word when they claim thier word is Directed by God himself

Used Car salesmen must love this guy

just my personal opinion based on what he said

just my 2

JT

• JT
    JT

Larc says

Based on what he has said here, and what he has said about 1975, and about college leads me to believe that Xandit hasn't lived it. I have never known a JW or xJW who shares his views on these issues.

i feel exactly the same way personally i wonder was he really a jw or just studied for 3 months

for me when he stated that the general attitude of HIMSLEF AND other jw in his area was one of:

"TAKE THE WHAT THE FDS SAYS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT"

was a serious red flag- that statement alone makes him a joke

the entire basis of JW land is that the FDS speaks and directs by means of God and to say you can take what they say with a Grain of Salt is funny

i can see my man at the Elders meeting at the Circuit Assembly with the DO and you states

"o brothers we can take what the FDS says with a Grain of salt"

yea right

just my 2

JT

• Gozz
    Gozz

Elder's Manual Quote:
    "John counsels against speaking to or associating with a disfellowshipped or disassociated person so as not to be "a shearer in his wicked works." (2 John 11 )"
    Strictly speaking, to whom do the description of 2 John apply? Certainly not to all disfellowshipped or disassociated persons, no?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Thinker, while it is true that df'd and da'd ones are to be shunned, the quoted statement is technically correct if it is applied to those who are merely inactive.

However, being inactive is often a tenuous state, since an inactive one can be df'd or da'd by proxy if they are considered to be casting a "bad light" on the congregation.

More doublespeak and half-truths.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey y'all,

Those who simply cease to be involved in the faith are not shunned.

As stated by Red, that is technically correct because those who cease to be involved are still jw's - just not involved.

But the question was: Do you shun former members? Disassociation and difellowshipping is done to former members, but not those who cease to be involved because they are still technically members. The WTBTS answered another question. But no one noticed because it was so close in the minds of the average person. The assumption would seem logical that the WTBTS would answer the question asked. It is a wrong assumption.

Do you believe that you are the only ones who will be saved?

The average person would think the question and answer would apply to living people, since the "saved" talked about is a physical saving.
    The WTBTS turns it around and says "No" but they're talking about a different group of people. The WTBTS is talking about millions of dead people, who will be resurrected and then have time to be studied with to come to knowledge of God (and think/act like Jehovah's Witnesses, but might not be called that). The assumption would seem logical that the WTBTS would answer the question asked. It is a wrong assumption.

Gotta give the WTBTS credit for being slick.

waiting

• thinker
    thinker

Xandit said:

"Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God's time of judgment, and they will gain salvation." Like I said somewhere else, I take them at their very specific written word. Far as I'm concerned this does not say that such ones have to be JWs. Works for me.

How about this then:"come to Jehovah's organization for salvation." (The Watchtower - November 15, 1981)
    "...stay by the faithful organization. How else can one get Jehovah's favor and blessing." (The Watchtower - July 15, 1996)

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

Im not quite sure what the question is, but I would like to ask this:
    Is it really a stretch of the imagination to beleive that only one group and / or those associated with it will be saved?
    Only one Group ( and associated ones ) were led and looked after in the wilderness, led into the promised land, released from exile in Babylon, saved in the ark, protected by an Angel ( who destroyed 185,0000 enemies in one night )
    Only one group and those associated with it who
    enjoyed the congregation benefits in the 1st century, who were given God appointed kings like David, who were appointed as gueardians of true worship and given a priesthood,
    the list could go on and on
    The point is that Jehovah has set a prescedent for favouring one group and those associating with it many many times in th epast.
    So really is it difficult to imagine he will do it again ?

• Sassenach
    Sassenach

DFshipped, thank you so much for your honesty. I have had several jehovah's witnesses say very much the same thing. That he has always had a favored group and that is what they consider themselves to be. His present favorite. There is biblical precedence.

When Jesus was on earth he told His followers that he was going to allow the wheat to grow together with the weeds. What do you think he meant by that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit