What should I do?

by Shimmer 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

I agree that this is a game someones playing.
    You would be her householder alright. You would also get a good "preaching to" in front of an entire congregation of J.W.s.
    wanting to use you as an inactive example.
    I dont trust them.
    Then again, maybe Im just being my paranoid self.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Maybe you could turn the tables and simply be the householder from Hell; make her presentation so tough that they'll never expect that from you again. Any flack, simply say you wanted to do a good job as an obstinate and difficult householder.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I was still being scheduled for #4 talks believe it or not for months after I stopped atteending meetings. I used to work with a bro that was a ministerial servant in the saem congregation as me. The elders would tell him to inform me of the assignment. I just politely ignored them of course. Eventually they stopped.

ONE....

bigboi

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I think I am going to take the route of not calling her back. It has seemed to work so far in avoiding the elders. I guess it is only a matter of time until they do force my hand, but until then I guess I will keep playing cat and mouse.

Shimmer

Maybe being oneself is alway an acquired taste.-----PATRICIA HAMPL

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

oh, that's simple, just tell her that you're going to be out of town!

• SYN
    SYN

This is a pretty under-handed way for the Elders to corner you. Their sense of ethics is almost as well developed as their ability to protect children from perverts.

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit