I want to take them down

by cookiemaster 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I could be an elder in 6 months. Prob a cobe in 5 years. Even then though what is the most damage I could accomplish? Very minimal at best. Also not sure I wouldn't crack emotionally.

I would prefer to leave the Borg and live a good life.

• kairos
    kairos

I think a nationwide billboard or media campaign would be more effective.Also, a documentary in the same fashion as "Going Clear" would be nice.

It would cost a small fortune.

We need a JW mole in accounts payable at HQ to "fund" this...

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Hey kairos, nice new avatar!

yeah, even if you could rise to be a CO, which is highly unlikely, you are still pretty voiceless to make any change.

Change will come eventually. Either they will get old/die out, lose too much money from litigation and lack of first world publishers/donators, or they will mellow out (for business reasons, no doubt) and become more mainstream.

• rebel8
    rebel8

They already have been taken down in a big way. Recruitment is down. Attrition, combined with their increasingly horrible reputation, is shrinking their size. Continued Internet and other media coverage of their scandals is working. Some countries are outlawing them for their lying and dangerous practices.

The fact that the number of partakers increases shows the people inside the org don't even believe their teachings. The religion is no more than a caricature of what it used to be.

What you can do is contribute to the above, and work on your own family's situation. If your mother is sound of mind, she needs to be willing to set limits with your help. If she's not of sound mind, get orders of protection or whatever other legal means you have to protect her.

Can you expose their actions towards your mother? They seem to be concerned about your Facebook post--you're hitting a nerve. Imagine if you kept hitting that same nerve with real life stories about what they're doing to your mother. Just an idea.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

kairos: "we need a JW mole in accounts payable at HQ to "fund this". LOL

But seriously, how much power do we have here. This is what we can do,

a one time billboard campaign. Send donation to Simon here, are you up for that?

Twenty bucks here and there may add up to a large sum. Then we decide what will

be posted so Simon won't be sued. LOL What do you say Simon???

• talesin
    talesin

The best revenge is living well.

~ Oscar Wilde

xx

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

James Mixon, "Billboards signs "Why do JW's break up families"?"

The sign may be a good idea but I believe those messages should be targeted at JWs with the public simply observing it. If you make a statement questioning the Watchtower most people will not give a damn since it won't affect them.

"What do you say Simon???"

I think Simon has his hands full so somebody else should take responsibility. The sign should direct people to this site though. However, that will set him up to judicial harassment with threats of lawsuits no matter how it is posted. Yet, in order to be effective, the message should be a strong one.

The sign should be located in a busy urban area to maximize viewers. One thing to note is that it may not be worth the money for the results. Let's not waste effort and resources for something that will be a tempest in a teapot.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think a billboard campaign is a very good use of money or effective - it's the wrong medium to reach a very few people, something normally used for 'brand awareness' or local services.

What people need are information and maybe people local who are willing to be a support group should they quit. You can't make people leave, they leave when something triggers them to wake up and it almost always comes from inside.

Feel free to send me money though! LOL

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi cookiemaster, I'm sorry that you are feeling angry and hurt. DITTO what other posters wrote about living your life well. However you could spend a couple of hours three or four times a year to write to politicians like I wrote about in Revise Tax Code to Protect Children from Sexual Abuse, feel like you are doing something constructive to educate politicians about how the WTBTS victimizes JWs, and still live an awesome life!

On the other hand if you do want to rise within the organization, make plans that would allow you to accumulate documentation about how the WTBTS converts donated material into donations, flips real estate for a profit by unduly influencing congregations to sell their KH's or AH's and build new ones, deceives older JWs to lend the WTBTS money and then converts it into a donation, or transfers money from the WTBTS of NY to another WTBTS corporation to make it appear that the WTBTS of NY is a charity. Complete an IRS form 13909 and submit it to the IRS as I wrote about in the thread How to Complain to the IRS about Non-Profits .

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    It will take many decades, or even a century. You can contribute a bit to destroy this cult, as I do by my two webpages. For instance, The Catholic Church still exists, but currently their leaders can't burn you as a heretic. You can insult the Pope without being condemned by secular authorities. This world has changed due to many thinkers who wrote against the falsehood of many christian institutions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit