"Normal family affections and dealings" continue - If only?!?

by LHS123 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Kate, <3
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The short of it is that the WTS asserts that a DFed husband still has authority in the house hold and wifes are to remain subjective to their husbands but their wifes are not to talk to their husbands about spiritual matters . ie. matters of the JW faith.

Another notable fact is the shunning DFing policy instituted by the WTS. has decimated millions of families over the years and decades, it was the cost the WTS leaders were willing to make as an effort to sustain their power and control over their supporting members.

• New day
    New day

To LHS123

Reactions to disfellowshipping vary. A close relative of mine by marriage was disfellowshipped wrongly. My wife and I never stopped associating with him. We were discreet about this but I also wrote to the branch office to complain. My wife thought I would be in big trouble for this but they were fine about it. Eventually he was exonerated. Another relative is also disf. but family still see him. So it depends.

• New day
    New day
    FayeDunaway I know what you mean. It's hard to speak without reservation. Before I became a witness I took people as I found them. For over 30 years I have been seeing everyone through a lens. I am still an active witness but I am now pleasantly surprised quite often when I meet somebody and I stop myself from weighing them up according to my "theocratic standards." It's very refreshing to try to see people on their own merits.
  • New day
    New day

LHS123

you nailed on your last post, exactly how I feel.

• New day
    New day

That should read, "you nailed it"

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue.

There is nothing 'normal' about the Watchtower's teachings on 'family affections' or family structure to begin with.

The idea of a man being 'head of the household' and the woman being submissive is a perversion of family relationships and is doomed to fail long before the WTS sticks their nose into it and ruins it even further.

The 'family' has been perverted from the start. Disfellowshipping is only throwing more rotten apples on top of the heap of rotten apples that have already been created by the WTS.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

'What have these people done to my brain!!!!!!!!'

Thats quite a realization, huh? Once you step away from it and start to see clearly, while sometimes still having anxiety they might be right, and the old thoughts popping up occasionally, but KNOWING they're not right, it's kind of freaky realizing how the mind control worked. These thoughts get further and further apart, the longer you are away from them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

'What have these people done to my brain!!!!!!!!'

OH! OH! You chose the "red pill".

You can never go back.

Image result for red pill blue pill

It's one hell of an emotional roller coaster.

Doc

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Keep in mind that the Jw's and the WTBTS are in bed with a threesome of studipity on this matter of shunning......The Mormon's, Scientology, and the Amish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit