"Normal family affections and dealings" continue - If only?!?
- No matter how it is done, the disfellowshipping is unloving, unkind and no matter what they say Jesus would not have done it. I am so sorry for all of you on here that have had the shunning done to you. It hurt's no matter who you are. Hang in there you all...we are here for you.
Yes...how do you spell: HYPOCRITES??
Governing Body / Jehovah's Witnesses....
- FMF, I like that expression. I'm gonna use it!
- What the website doesn't say, is that when the children move out of the home because they have gotten older, they can't talk to their dad anymore if they are baptized witnesses.
It hurt's no matter who you are.
And what's more, it hurts even if you would rather not talk to the person shunning you. It's inherently psychologically damaging, emotional blackmail and is absolutely shameful.
- I mean- it's incredible. I've been essentially shunned for years by some of my JW siblings and my JW adult daughters - in spite of not being disfellowshipped ! I know scores of other ex-JW's who are in the same boat. So yes indeed- WT society speaks out of both opposite sides of their mouth depending on if they are speaking to the rank & file JW's - or if they are speaking to potential non-JW converts. The story changes dramatically. Really ridiculous. Peace out, Mr. Flipper
You may hear people making this statement "they are just some disgruntle
ex members". But you will never hear this said about ex- JW members. What
you will hear, that org.break up families. That is the first thing that come out
someone mouth when they have a JW in their family, they may say my sister
became A JW and doesn't come around anymore. Face it they not only shun
ex members but also those that refused to except their truth. CULT.
JWs have a knack of saying things that are technically true but totally dishonest.
- They predicted 1914 would be a marked year (but what they marked it for is not what happened).
- They reassured the Bulgarian authorities that no sanctions would be placed on JWs who have a blood transfusion (but neglected to mention that by having a blood transfusion the person would no longer be viewed as a JW, and therefore would have shunning sanctions imposed).
- They say that they do not believe that only JWs will be saved (but the non-JWs to be saved are those who have not yet converted but will do so before Armageddon, or those who have already died without learning 'the truth').
- And yes, shunning does not apply within the family (unless you don't live under the same roof).
...to name but a few.
Many prohibitions are not directly stated by the Society, however you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses know that shunning is being stressed at Assemblies and conventions.
Just as they say voting in a matter of conscience. They do not have the balls to put what they really believe on their web site or in print. Once again, however, what do you think would happen to an Elder or Pioneer who went down and cast a vote for the president?
Please read and learn from this site. There is a lot of good information.
Its painful and unnerving to stand back and objectively read WT statements (like this one) and realise that they are NOT frank, honest or without deceit.
The more I carefully listened and analysed, the more I began to hear a tone, an attitude, a persistent voice coming through.
A dishonest voice. I didn't like it.