Did you Believe

by WildTurkey 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Imbue
    Imbue

Britboy you said this:

The funny thing is that a few days ago I thought, thank god there is a war in Afganistan as when all wars cease and the cry for peace and security happens then WHAM!! So even all these years later I still get shakey at times... guess that is what deep rooted cultish mind control does to you.

Britboy, Hope your recovery is going well. Just a thought, did you know that people usually return to the religious beliefs of their family of origin when faced with senility, old age and death.
    Just think you maybe wandering around a nursing home one day trying to sell WT mags lol. Hope this cheers you up maybe not.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Imbue
    Imbue

As for me I didn't think I was worthy of making through armegedon.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Actually I thought maybe I wouldn't make it but it didn't matter, I should try to do what I can anyways because I thought I was doing the right thing, I wasn't in it just to save myself. However nobody really cares if you're a nobody in the congregation, in my hall there were a lot of pioneers and that of course is better than any sinceritiy which they probably couldn't see anyway.

• SYN
    SYN

As in most religions, there is always a sword hanging over your head. It's called fear. It is in fact what 90% of religions are based on, simple superstitious fear amplified by our frontal lobes into a gut-wrenchingly powerful psychosis.

There are in fact very few religions which aren't based on it. Those that aren't have my immediate respect. My grandmother for instance is in a Fundamentalist Christian church where they never stop speaking about the love of Jesus etc, and that is actually quite touching, there is nothing about fear, they just talk about love. This is about as good as religion gets.

Edited for formatting.

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• greven
    greven

I actually thought that I was EVIL for not wanting to do alot and not believing this crap about being guided by angels in service. I came to a point where the boredom and disbelieve let my decide that if I am EVIL then that is OK. then it dawned on me: what if they (the org) are wrong? maybe I do not like being a witness because it is wrong in itself? this was what started my research. I am glad that I did.
    real eye opener reading the finished mystery had a good lauch at the stuff in it!!

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit