free telephone and $10 internet= if you qualify in USA

by moshe 17 Replies latest social current

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Small potatoes, folks.

The bad news is the obstructionist GOP foot-draggers have virtually guaranteed that the guys (like Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo) who amongst other things, were responsible for ripping off billions in local gov't revenue, will never be prosecuted: anyone ever heard of MERS?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/an-extremely-long-metaphor-to-explain-mortgage-chaos-20110101

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Lol, the "lifeline program" was established in the 1990's,

Quit confusing the racists

• never a jw
    never a jw

King Solomon,

I agree with you about your implying the lack of objectivity from many radio and TV shows with conservative or ultraconservative tendencies. However, you missed something, the list of stations with low-intellect listeners can be completed by adding the much longer list of lefty tendentious shows on TV and radio.

At times you seem a man of high intellect, not in this thread though.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Now come on people.

This plan has been in effect for 20 years - don't blame Obama for that one as well!

Haven't any of you figured out the reason for the phones, the phone service and the internet service? Payback to the corporations that pay for the party. Who benefits? The first benefit is always to the corporation. They've got 12 million customers who wouldn't have phones otherwise. They have 12 million monthly cards out there. They have 12 million more internet customers.

It's all how you choose to look at it.

The government subsidizing the people? Or is the government subsidizing big business and the other half of the spin machine manipulating you into believing that it's a welfare scheme? Figure it out.

Bank of America earns millions of dollars in fees for those electronic swipe cards for food - you can talk about the people on food stamps but the Bank gets a cut each time the card is used.

Kind of like the school lunches. Government hands the farmers 10 million in subsidies because they have had a hard time this year - the farmers are supposed to provide that food to the lunch programs - half the media will tell you too many kids eat free lunches - the other half will tell you big agri business just got subsidized aka bailed out.

Can't keep complaining about one single policy or system without drilling down and recognizing one hand just feeds another. sammieswife

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    Lol, the "lifeline program" was established in the 1990's, well before BO could be blamed; the "Kim Komando Show" is an AM radio tech program which appears on many of the same stations which carry many of the political infotainment shows (eg Savage (who's real last name is Weiner) / Levin / Rush / Hannity) which low-intellect listeners confuse with performing civic duty. Those low-income Red-State moochers should stop listening to AM radio entertainment and find a job.

Oh, that article appeared in USA Today, which you also should quit reading, as it's pablum (like Fox).

Quit confusing the racists

• jam
    jam

(Revenue source or expenditure) (#of cents from your tax

dollar used for this purpose)

Income tax----------------------------------------- -$ 1.00

INTEREST on bebt---------------------------------$.06

Security programs---------------------------------$.24

Non-welfare related social secuity-------------$.20

Non-welfare related medicare------------------$.13

TARP (returned funds)---------------------------$.03

Non- security programs--------------------------$.24

MANDATORY WELFARE RELATED PROGRAMS--$.O9

If you consider TARP being considered a form of welfare

and most do, then only (get this) 6 cents out of every tax

dollars goes toward providing welfare services.

Something to think about.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Never a JW said:

I agree with you about your implying the lack of objectivity from many radio and TV shows with conservative or ultraconservative tendencies. However, you missed something, the list of stations with low-intellect listeners can be completed by adding the much longer list of lefty tendentious shows on TV and radio. At times you seem a man of high intellect, not in this thread though.

Soooo, because I limited my comment to AM infotainment trash-talk AM radio (and you DO realize that, per the OP cut-and-paste, that "Kim Komando hosts the nation's largest talk radio show about consumer electronics, computers and the Internet"? Her show IS found on the same AM talk radio stations that often carry the raving-mad talk radio shows). Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a liberal or moderate AM radio talk show, let alone a host that gets the ratings of these "conservative" ranters.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    I cannot think of a liberal or moderate AM radio talk show, let alone a host that gets the ratings of these "conservative" ranters.

I was getting ready to mention the same. I don't really listen to the radio anymore, but when I did it seemed to me that the conservative and right wing types were plentiful. Can't say the left was represented as well on the radio, although that saturation is reversed when it comes to television. I remember working in Tool/Die shops and there was always plenty of right wing coworkers on hand. They'd all have their individual radios at the machines they manned, but all would be listening to the same talking points from the handful of programs available on AM radio.

I often wondered back then whether Rush Limbaugh had a legal case against the other programs on AM RAdio ,along the lines of copyright or infringement violations because there's no limit to the amount of imitators who hijacked his format. Some were extreme with names like The Morning Militia, while others were more toned down like a Tony Perkins per say. This was during the Clinton years and the paranoia about him and Vince Foster, Bilderberg, etc. made for good entertainment. To this day I question how much these commentators really believe the vitriol they spew on the airwaves as much as they're simply playing a character that the closet racists, and paranoid anti-goverment types eat right up. They can't get enough of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit