Brother Where Art Thou? PART II

by Smoldering Wick 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

Hello everyone!!!

When I first came to this discussion board, I Posted a Thread called "Brother Where Art Thou?" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=21053&site=3 in which I wrote a personal letter to my brother. Although, I have been away from the JWs for about 4 years...I had just discovered that my older brother had also left the JWs and was posting on this forum. This discovery, as well as an episode of my JW sister trying to "save" me triggered a period of depression for me..I wrote about this in a thread called "I've cried for days" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=21612&site=3

This is an update of sorts...

With the help of a friend I was directed to JW.com and have since been reunited with my brother.

We got back yesterday from spending a long weekend with my brother and his family. (That's why I haven't posted in several days!!!) Our visit was very enjoyable! It felt so good to relax and not worry about being judged for not being a JW. It showed me that there is life after the JWs. After thinking that I had "lost" so much by my decision to "leave" I can honestly say there is so much to be gained! My brother and his wife are moving on with their life...trying to enjoy it to the full. I am very happy for the reuniting...but, saddened about all the years we wasted by being apart.

This visit made me think...how many of us have friends and family that we haven't seen or talked to in years? The silence can be broken by just a few words.

When I had arrived home after the visit with my brother, I found an email waiting for me from my JW sister. This was the same sister who recently visited me in an effort to "save" me and remove all "blood guilt " from herself. Our visit then did not go well...she basically had told me that I was wicked and worthy of destruction at Armageddon. That she couldn't even pray for me! When we parted, I thought she would no longer try to contact me...

I opened the email. She thanked me for the things I had given her, and the visit. She talked briefly about what was happening in her life and even told me she "LOVED me!" ...no mention AT ALL of JWs!!! Maybe, during our conversations about religion and the WT she HAD heard a few things I said. Maybe she has decided that even though it is going contrary to the WTBTS...she still wants to be my sister. In either case, it felt good to know that something has changed.

While the WT is busy breaking up families...it does feels good to know that some are on the mend.

PS...while I was writing this thread, I went back and reread all the responses to the two threads I mentioned. Thank you again for all of your kind words & understanding. It feels good to be part of this community.

Sincerely,

Wick

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." ~Voltaire

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

OHHHH that is SO wonderful I'm so happy for you!!!! I hope someday to share your experience.

And here I though it was a movie sequal, not that I wouldn't love that too.

Ven

"deal with it!"

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Great! I hope things get even better with your sister.

Hello Wicks brother.Whoever you are

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick
    OHHHH that is SO wonderful I'm so happy for you!!!! I hope someday to share your experience.

And here I though it was a movie sequal, not that I wouldn't love that too.--Ven

Thanks Ven!!! You're right...I would love to see the sequel. I can't get enough of that movie or the sound track.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Wick: Who is the gorgeous little girl?

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. Abraham Lincoln

• Simon
    Simon

What a great result!

I feel **so** please for you. I've started to get to know my half-sister in Canada for the last year or so and it feels great but also sad that we missed so much time.

I hope things work out with your sister also.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What a happy outcome, and a pleasant future prospect!

We're glad to have you here, SW.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think I speak for Hillary, Ginny, and really, everyone, who appreciates you and your brothers' contributions when I say, Bitchin'!!!

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

Lilacs: Thanks! I hope things get better with my sister as well. I have decided not to be so disturbed by the things she said to me. I realize that I too have been guilty so many times of saying similarly hateful things to others while I was a JW. People can and do change.

Dutchie: that's me. I still make that silli face lol.

Simon: Thank you... and Thank you for all the hard work, time & effort you & your family have put in to making this board. I'm glad to hear about your half-sister. Is she a JW?

Nathan: Thanks, it's nice to be here too!!! and btw...I really thought I was the thread killer!

• patio34
    patio34

Sometimes things do work out for the best!! Thanks for the update.

Pat
    UADNA (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit