New tactic by the Watchtower?

by Christ Alone 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I have noticed that lately everything that the Watchtower "reports" is spoken of in the third person. They take the role of "reporter" and use terms such as "they" "them" and "the Witnesses".

Notice this "official" report about their massive NWT braille Bible:

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/world/six-foot-bible/

• sir82
    sir82

Evidently they are hoping that lazy news editors will just run their press releases as-is.

• Christ Alone
  • perfect1
    perfect1

I noticed that too.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Exactly sir82 they wrote it in Press release format .Written a few myself

• steve2
    steve2

It's a "tactic" borrowed from the corporate world: Ready made press-releases, creating impression of neutral, objective reporting that is upbeat in content. Notice the article byline appears as "Global News."

As with many corporations whose reputations are to be maintained, the finished product is professional-appearing, glossy and banal.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Nothing new about their using the third person in reference to themselves. I can remember them doing that as far back as the 1960s. Makes it seem as if the material is being written by an impartial third party.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"Additionally, the Witnesses have developed a computer program that...For more than 100 years, the Witnesses have produced... "

Can they really product a computer program or just purchase readily available one offshelf? I doubt they Watchtower has technical know-how to do that. What do you think about that?

Scott77

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Mealy Mouthing Mealy-mouthing

This is sop for Jehovah's Witnesses elders and higher ups.

Like mealy mouthing politicians I have known elders who would always frame statements in the form of a question like a Jeopardy contestant.

This is because elders lie so much they don't want to be quoted making direct assertions.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wasn`t the book by Marley Cole "Faith On The March " printed about the 1950`s a prime example of this ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit