New sad song: 0940 Our Spiritual Mother

by 9.40am 18 Replies latest jw friends

• 9.40am
    9.40am

You might like our new song on You Tube titled '0940 Our Spiritual Mother' about the experience her 'children' have had as Jehovah's Witnesses. It's a reworded version of Mother (Pink Floyd) set to new and historic Watchtower images.

Some who've already seen it have been kind enough to describe it as 'incredibly sad', 'powerful' and even 'poignant'. (Thank you all!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3kriMOUaV0&feature=youtu.be

(Edited a few times to try and get the link / embed working! Thanks man oh man!))

• man oh man
  • neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Very well made. Was tough to watch.

• loosie
    loosie

Wow that puts shit in perspective.

• 9.40am
    9.40am

Thanks for all the comments here and on YouTube!

InkVoid is a collaboration of two third generation born-in JWs who left several years ago; we got together recently and this song was the product and the video followed. Now it's out for others to see.

What I like is that the lyrics and images seem to work together to carry a history of the faithful Jehovah's Witnesses around the world following the Watchtower Society's various teachings as they've changed over the years. Too often the JWs have suffered for the Watchtower's bluster including with their life, dignity and peace of mind. And it's great guitar too! (Not by me!)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Great song and video. Very powerful. Thanks for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3kriMOUaV0

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Interesting,disturbing, have to give it a second look.

PHG

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

BTT ... if you haven't seen this yet, I think it is very powerful, the quality, the words with the imagery, ... watch and share

Thanks 9.40am

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I gotta bring this up again ... I just think this video is great.

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

....yup.

Good job, thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit