Do you believe in hell?

by schnare 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• schnare
    schnare

I can't personally say that I do believe or the even the bible for that matter, but I can't see how someone could believe this. You don't live the way you are supposed to live and believe in Jesus, etc for like 70-80 years, but you have to suffer forever and ever for stuff you did during one short lifetime.I was doing some looking on google and one guy made a bunch of good points against the idea of hell and one being why would God resurrect the righteous from heaven and especiall hell then just throw them back in? What do you guys think?

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Do I believe in Hell? Hell no.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

There is no Hell.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

hell is real. hell is your life if you make enough bad decisions. being on constant probation, chronic addiction (not addiction to chronic;), being abusive, being unreliable. these kinds of actions make life "HELL". but if you just TRY you can get out of hell, its not permanent. just my take on the topic

• elderelite
    elderelite

Ever been married to my wife.....?

You'd believe in hell ;)

• kimbo
    kimbo

yes it is called the watchtower bible and tract society

• Twitch
    Twitch

No

But I've felt a bit of heaven and hell now and then. Seen a bit of it out and about as well.

Were I to think I'll live forever in some form, it might seem reasonable to believe in either or both.

As some sort of accounting for deeds done or not done

But I don't and it doesn't

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I don't have any belief about a real-life existence of a place or state that the term "hell" conventionally refers to, or anything specific pertaining to faith.

I do believe that the Bible incorporates a range of eschatologies that includes an understanding of post-mortem punishment that the term "hell" conventionally refers to, and that this was common in Second Temple Judaism.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Whilst this is possibly one of the doctrines the WBTS is most correct on, the underlying premise is pure apostasy.

We are not put right with God by correctly dissecting doctrines such as hellfire, immortality and the soul. This notion is called supremacist ethnocentrism. It comes largely from Nicaea, and the WBTS has embraced it wholesale.

It is no accident that WBTS religionists are woefully ignorant of IMPUTED righteousness (justification), which is granted as a "free gift". A right standing with God cannot be earned, deserved or paid for.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The WBTS may not preach eternal torment in a literal fire, but they certainly preach and practice the same fear, guilt, shame and embarrassment to keep the laity class (dumb sheeple) in ignorance and under the authoritarian religious rule of the clergy class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit