I may have saved 1 person from joining this religion/ I'm going to do the unthinkable with my hair!

by MsGrowingGirl20 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

My younger cousin

Well,I was so worried about him and how he would feel/grow up if i stopped pushing the religion down his throat but i did. Since then, the boy seems so much happier and comfortable with me. I told him he doesn't have to do anything along the lines of religion that he doesn't want to do. He hasn't attended ONE meeting in about 2 months. (I only wish i had something good to replace it with. I still want him to know right from wrong.) He is enjoying school and actually has more friends. I even bought a cake for his birthday last month. He is much happier.

My sister and her husband

When i first became a witness i tried to force this religion on my sis and bro in law SOOOO MANY TIMES. My sister even studied for a few months then stopped. They never were rude to me and never told me why.Last week, my sister and i were shopping and i told her the JW'S stand on education and how everyone is treating me different since I'm not pioneering. I also told her that the elders were so malicious that on the same night that they announced that i was no longer a pioneer (a whole two weeks before i told them in my letter i was stopping) they had a local needs directed right at me! They were speaking not just about the dangers of higher education but about the terrifying dangers of leaving pioneering to pursue higher education. Everyone treated me like dirt after the meeting!!! She couldn't believe their stand!I then told her about some of the other things i was learning on this site and on my own. She shook her head and told me that this is why her husband calls it a cult. Apparently, he too was studying before and he asked the sister questions about the background of the religion and they never returned. He then came online and researched some things so when i tried to force it down their throat they already knew.She told me to get out and that i will always have my family! Thank God they're not witnesses.

My hair

I'm thinking about changing my hairstyle to locks/dreads. This is a no-no in my country because they say it identifies you with Rastafarianism. However in my country about 30% of persons have locks but don't identify with the religion. It's the norm. It's just a hairstyle. However, if you want to get baptized you have to cut your locks in this religion. So i'm still a publisher but i want to grow locks because i look how it looks and my hair is getting too thick and unmanageable. Will they reprove me or DF me? I mean i really don't care! Why don't they tell the indians in my country to stop leaving their hair to grow long because it identifies them with HINDUISM? Why? I don't understand the logic behind this rule! I really want to do this...I want to be free to do as i please with my hair! This is some pics links of locs/dreads-----

http://www.google.tt/imgres?q=dreadlocks&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1517&bih=741&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=DI5j9JUSwBA7eM:&imgrefurl=http://avdreadlocks.com/menu&docid=WV61IyJtgHZPZM&imgurl=http://avdreadlocks.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Fashionable-Dreadlock-Styles-For-Women.340162802_std.jpg&w=555&h=742&ei=OHxgULSMDY6L0QG0roGgBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=43&sig=101482192162545852899&page=2&tbnh=172&tbnw=165&start=23&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:30,s:23,i:304&tx=83&ty=43

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y2p1xiUXDDM/T4MJHwQVmlI/AAAAAAAAA4E/agEAi2aZhV0/s1600/locs5.png

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If you have dark skin then it's almost a RIGHT to have locks surely, they look damn hot too...

but if you're fair skinned / white then h'mmm I think it only suits blondes and they need a good figure to carry it off tbh.

Oops, slap me.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

LOL Witness my fury! I think i can pull it off!!! ;-)

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Glad it's going well and as expected. At least you knew what to expect. if anybody confronts you about it again, remind them that you want to be able to support yourself and your close family in line with 1 Tim. 5:8. In addition, people in the Bible that were well-educated were Moses, Daniel, Luke, Paul, and especially Jesus, who learnt from His Father all he knew. And about hairstyle, the Bible indicates that men must have shorter hair than women, that's all. If they have a problem with you hair, ask them to demonstrate by Scripture. Bible characters had beards, but they have a problem with that. That should tell you something.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

How's my favorite MsGrowingGirl20? You seem to be doing very, well! Thank you.

Glad your cousin is no longer being inculcated with WT doctrine. I'm sure parents on board will offer suggestions on alternative activities to replace the time he used to spend at meetings.

Boy, those elders are really something else! They were upset with you because you didn't keep your committment to THEM and how dare you! Oh, well(LOL)

Hang in there, MsGG20! For every cold shoulder you receive, keep close to your heart the fact that you will be an educated person, will have a career, and will choose the way in which you want to live YOUR life. And just keep taking the high road.

But, if you really want to upset them- yes, locks/dreads are going to be a problem. So, dread cautiously

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

@ RIP VAN WINKLE --thank you! I don't really want to upset them....I think it's sad that if i change my hairstyle...God will no longer like me and my 'friends' will no longer speak with me.

• sd-7
    sd-7

What we do with the hair that grows out of us is an indication of how we feel about the being who created hair that grows out of us. Well, makes sense to me! Sounds like you're on the right track, but actually, it sounds like you've just been 'marked', based on that talk. So I guess changing your hairstyle will just fit right in with your evil plans to educate yourself. So, go for it. I'd like to see a picture of that! Ha!

--sd-7

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I don't really want to upset them....I think it's sad that if i change my hairstyle...God will no longer like me and my 'friends' will no longer speak with me.

McGG20- Yes, it is sad that they( your spiritual bros & sis') judge on the outward appearance of a person. And they are not 'God'. If you are looking to make waves~~, then express yourself freely; including how you wear your hair. But if you want to fade, then I would suggest you do as little as possible to upset the congregation. You know, they will have a "hair-raising" reaction if you wear your hair ala pot smoking rastafarians.

• carla
    carla

Why do you stay then? You will not lose your sister & brother in law obviously, why stay?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Will you look like her? If the answer is yes, I would like to meet you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit