What did you do with all your old publications?

by Dark Fader 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I sold all my bound volumes to a Ministerial Servant for $100. Some of the other publications I gave to my JW ex-wife. I also sold some of the Studies In The Scriptures to a second hand book store.

I can't see throwing something away if I can sell it and recoup some of the money I wasted on the Watchtower.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I trashed it all. I admire those of you that got some money out of it, but I was moving and didn't have time to deal with it. It felt good to toss it.

• stapler99
    stapler99

I carried them to the recycling centre. I saw getting rid of the weight as a metaphor, a kind of ritual if you will to help me move on. I don't know if it had an effect.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I gave my bound volumes to my sil. She died soon after and I guess my jw niece has them now. My husband threw the rest of my books in the trash. I was actually upset and regretted having given my bound volumes away. I

kept some books including the Interliner book and bought the Babylon the Great book on Amazon.

PHG.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

It gave me a feeling of great satisfaction to load them all into an incinerator, pour several liters of kerosene over everything:

- then put a match to the bloody lot!

(My only regret is that I left it for 20 years after I should have consigned them to the flames).

Bill.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I threw them away, after tearing them up. I didn't want anyone picking up the publications and using them. Ripped magazines and brochures. Tore books apart from their covers, cut pages up. Got rid of everything.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The rags got a shredder dedicated specifically toward their destruction--a trip through the shredder (it actually survived this). Everything else got placed in a rubbish bag and placed in a dumpster one rainy night, where anyone digging through the littera-trash would have had a gross mess with everything above it dripping onto it.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

HA!!!!

still technically in yet all mine goes in the big recycle bin at the local community colloge age soon as i get it. im still "in" yet other then the BARE essentials (for meeting), i have no "library".

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Throw away and found a hundred dollar bill between the pages, is TRUE

Dollars

• perfect1
    perfect1

they are demonized, so they must be moved out of the house but they keep walking back in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit