Has anyone here threatened or heard of someone threatening suicide at a judicial hearing and didn't get df'd?

by hoser 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Typical of the uncaring unloving WT, as long as they can make it appear that they have no responsibilty for tipping the person over the edge that is all they care about.

Again it is "Call Legal" first, as in abuse cases, no real interest in the person involved. No positive action to save the person.

They really are a shower of s**t.

• maisha
    maisha

The concept is to complete the Df as fast as possible so that they remain blamless.

sign , date put it in the file and then the sinner gets what comes to them.

that is the end of the matter.

Threatening to kil yourself dosent stop you getting Df,, it only hastens the end result.

Many wil comment how you have a complete lack of respect for the gift of life.

thus you deserve to die..

Those that do kill themsleves are thought to be getting their just rewards for sinning...

Crazy,,,

• pontoon
    pontoon

My ex was DF when she was on a manic hi, then sought the same elders out as she slipped into her depressive low, mentioning suicide for the first time. The elders told me this and I was completely impressed with how completely ill-equipped they were at a very basic understanding of dealing with people suffering with bi-polar or boderline.......disorder. It's sad.

• life is to short
    life is to short

When we had the first pedophile move into my hall that I knew of I soon learned of two more that were in the hall and my husband was an elder at the time had been for close to 30 years.

The elders put two of the pedophiles in our book study this was in 2007 two years before the book study's went away.

One of the child molesters was hell bent on working with us in field service, all the elders the whole body knew I had been a victim of sexual abuse as a child and how pedophiles made me feel really depressed, they could care less. I went to the CO about it and he told me I needed to get my feelings under control and just buck it up, that being my husband was an elder AND he HAD TO WORK WITH THE CHILD RAPISTS PERIOD!!!!!

I spiraled into a huge major depression. I dropped over 20 pounds in just two months and was very, very, very suicidal. The other elders knew it and then did NOTHING TO HELP ME. Just only telling me I was wrong in how I felt about the child molesters.

LITS

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Elders don't have a clue .

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

They really are dimwits.

My ex-husband arranged for me a surprise shepherding visit from an elder and the CO when I was dealing with the issue of childhood sexual abuse by my father. I spilled my guts to them, and all they did was read the predictable scriptures. The elder kept shaking his head and saying, "I would never do that to my daughters."

When they left, I told my husband (between gritted teeth) "Don't you ever do that to me again." Talk about cisterns without water!

I felt like I'd stripped naked in front of those two idiots and then had platitudes handed to me. I think that was one of those straws on the camel's back, although not the last one.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit