Do you believe in fate?

by butalbee 15 Replies latest social relationships

• butalbee
    butalbee

Do you believe that two people are just meant to be, no matter the circumstances involved, or the differences that keep them apart? This has been a question that I have been living with for some time. Actually, I guess it's been what I have been living FOR--the dogma, I guess, I'll call it, that I have hoping for: "if two people are meant to be together, they will find their way back to one another."

He told me today that he still loves me, and that we should be together, that he has never loved anybody, that he has never opened up his heart to anybody ever before and that he needs me in his life, and that he's sick of pretending that these feelings doesn't exist. I have tried so damn hard to shut him out of my world, purge myself of him, truth is I don't think I will ever be over him, I will always long for him. He was my best friend and when we broke it off I lost a part of myself by losing him, even though I am the one who broke up w/ him. Thoughts in my mind right now are: was dubbish really that bad, couldn't I just pretend to believe and not let it get "into" me? Every relationship has to make sacifices? But I would be making the ultimate one....I felt. Or feel. Or felt, I don't know what I'm feeling right now....Why does he have to confuse me like this?

Is there such a thing as fate? Are two people born to be together and will find a way to be together no matter what obstacles are in the way? Or am I just living in a dream world, a figment of my own imagination to keep me from really getting on w/ my life?

I know what you are all gonna tell me, I'm stupid, I already know that, though. But I can't help but wonder....

Any insight. Need much insight here. Please help.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

No

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well, even if you do believe in fate how do you know when it is the person you're fated to be with, I mean REALLY know?

It seems to me the key thing about the lasting power of any relationship (could be friendship or whatever) is that both parties need to be able to grow together, or even help each other grow. In the case of a witness (this guy's a JW right?) or any restrictive religious group, it simply seems unlikely. The thing that keeps two people in a restrictive group together would logically be that it keeps both of them from growing. It sounds like you're not on the same page as it is though..

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Are you sure he's not just having small thoughts and big horniness?

About fate? Nope, not imo.

But there are things that we can't (I can't anyway) put a finger on, undefinable things that really seem to make people attracted to each other, much more so than just the things one can define as attractive.

But even that can be one sided.

• Beans
    Beans

Dear Butalbee:

I don`t know if fate is real or not! When people break up it is sometimes a time for self regulation,getting back on track. Sometimes a break up is good to see if you have a future with or without your past mate and sometimes it is just time that will answer this question. For many getting over someone takes longer than others and sometimes getting back is an easy answer to your premature thoughts.

Should you get back with him? I can`t tell you this,only you will know. If it feels right for the right reasons then it is but if any other thoughts are in the way then don`t do it.

Love Beans

Can I spank you before you get back together with him(if ya do)?

• butalbee
    butalbee

Your hall or mine, Beans baby??????

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Butalbee.

Thoughts in my mind right now are: was dubbish really that bad, couldn't I just pretend to believe and not let it get "into" me?

So your thinking of spending your life "role playing" as a good little dub and keeping your secret true thoughts to yourself. Is that it?
    Youre gonna spend your life pretending are you?

• TR
    TR
    Do you believe in fate?

Nope.

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• heathen
    heathen

Only two things for sure in this world; death and taxes

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

About the only thing I can think of when people calim "fate" are the words of an abusive husband telling his victim they belong together ahd she is his and his alone.

Not that I am saying this man is an abuser.

Think about this - just how many other people has this man been involved with. As a JW I would suspect not a lot - especially if he has grown up in it. And sometimes forbidden fruit is a lot more powerful than the easily attained.

And why is it that you have to do the pretending and giving up what you believe in for him? Just what is he giving up for you?

Reality is that the idea of you giving up a part of who you are is a form of emotional/psychological abuse not imposed by him directly but certainly imposed by the religion. Living this way is no life. Believe me - I tried it and now I am out and free

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit