Bible Students Are NOW CONSIDERED JEHOVAHS WITNESSES

by Blackfalcon98 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Oh my, while attending one of the boasting sessions.....an elder made reference to recent changes in Watchtower terminology. Of these changes, he mentioned that bible students are now considered to be Jehovah's Witnesses! This shocked me, so I was wondering have anyone else heard of this NEW CHANGE? I can totally see this evidence skewing the peak numbers and then the unconscious rank and file claiming it to be "proof that Jah is rocking the nations, etc"
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have not heard that officially as yet.

They might consider studies as on their way toward being actual witnesses, but I doubt they are counted in the official numbers until they are "publishers" who go out "preaching" and "count hours" etc....

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Um, yes I also hear they are going to stop celebrating Christmas!! And there are rumors that some people won't be going to heaven, but will hope to live forever in paradise on earth!! What is going on?!?

edited....lol....now I get it :) bible students! Not Bible Students.

I wonder if the hapless study has any idea they would be considered as such already.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

JW doctrine is impossible to keep straight. It's a moving target.

I clearly remember being told to *NOT* say that we are Bible Students (at the door in FS) because that is a different theologic group than us.

I wonder if the speaker really knew what he was talking about...??

-Aude.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    that may be the first and only ecumenical sentiment to come from an elder since before Judge Rutherford.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Just don't consider JW's as Bible Students!!

George

• zeb
    zeb
    There are three types of lies. Lies damned lies and statistics.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

I recently heard one "bible student" being referred to as "Brother So & So" by the Watchtower Overseer.

In days gone by, no one was to be called a brother or sister until they'd gotten baptised.

• stillin
    stillin
    Isn't IBSA an arm of the WTS?
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Unbaptized publishers have always been in the count of active witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit