Goodbye

by tyydyy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Introspection
    Introspection

See, this is why I don't post on topics like this because people seem to want to believe that you can never REALLY change..

Me personally, basically I no longer have use for beliefs, so not only do I not believe that (and can see no reason for believing it in my case) but also I think that is the reason why I can say unequivocally that I've completely recovered or gotten over the JW phase of my life, whether anyone else "choose" to believe it or not.

To me, if you HAVE to leave the board for a while then you're really not that far along. All the stuff that we think are a factor like how long we were a witness is simply a matter of cause and effect. Sure, every life experience has made it's mark - but not every experience you've had takes you on an emotional hijacking, it can simply be there as a memory like some TV show you watched. How seriously you took it at the time is simply a matter of the past, and as for family members - lets just say clinging to them (mentally) does not help them or yourself. The reason why this is so hard for many is that they are still tied in the same behavioral dynamic with their family members, and to truly help them it would involve getting past that.

Here's the real question: What defines you as you? Your life experiences? I'm not denying that they have an influence, but does it really have the power to DETERMINE who you are? I realize this is a stretch for many if not most, but all I suggest is that you be open to the POSSIBILITY that you can truly get beyond it. If you don't, chances are you're not going to do anything to really get over it. Why would you if you don't even think it's possible?

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I liked your coments, Intro.

I agree but those experiences, because they are different, give us a unique perspective that can actually catapult us beyond normal. For example, I have used my uniqueness of being a JW along with the childhood as a dirt poor hillbilly to find common ground and respect that proved to greatly advance my business deals.

Teejay,

These and other factors all play a role on how well we recover,
    Well said. I think the longer you were in and more serious you were makes it sometimes more difficult.

TimB

• butalbee
    butalbee

Hey, as long as I can post sex threads, I'll be here...

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Thanks for your contributions Bee! You are one of the main reasons I stay around here. Not that I want to leave. I just sometimes wondered if I need to leave. Anyway..... The "fluffers" are the very reason we live.

Our lives would be nuffin' if it wasn't for the fluffin'!

TimB

• butalbee
    butalbee

Tim,
    I'm not fluffy, I'm firm.........

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

The flame wars may burn hot but nothing warms my heart more than seeing Butalbee at the top of a post.

TimB

• butalbee
    butalbee

Tim--You're such a sweetheart!

• Solace
    Solace

I came here to get different points of view on things that I have been learning about the W.T.S. Much of it is still quite new to me. I actually found out about the U.N. cover up and the Dateline segment from this board. When I first arrived, I jumped right into the doctrinal debate threads. I now find myself taking a break from those once in awhile. It can be exhausting because it is such a sensitive subject for most of us.
    I like dropping in even when I dont feel like discussing the W.T.S.
    If Im getting burnt out on the religion thing, I just click onto another topic. The funny threads do break things up a bit.
    It is nice to be around others that have somthing in common with you.
    Its like, you all know where Im comming from ya' know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit