Are you an absent viewer of life?

by Star tiger 2 Replies latest social humour

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

I've always viewed myself as a member of this cult, never really being involved in doing anything that could help my situation, as a nearly born in Jehovahs witness I thought all bad things would be sorted out long before 2012, even after leaving the cult, I must admit that I seem to be very lack luste, am I suffering from post cult fatigue, most things seem to be meh. I know I should be full of energy since my exit from a destructive cult, but eh!

How does one get the power to find a way to function properly after a cult!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Nothing wrong with not doing anything to make the World better, IMO.

I always think of the words of a famous poet (who's name I cannot remember, so apparently not THAT famous) who said (paraphrased), "I was born on this Planet, not to make it a better place, but simply to live and experience it". Now when I was a JW kid, that struck me as incredibly self-centered, but the fact is as a JW you were told to be a theological Super-Hero action figure, playing a significant role in the ultimate battle of the triumph of good over evil. Problem is, it was a huge lie that played on the desire that people have to be part of movements that are bigger than themselves.

None of us are THAT important, when it comes right down to it, and thinking you ARE IS the self-centered ego-driven viewpoint. There's nothing wrong with living a life that YOU enjoy, and doing things simply for the satisfaction they bring to no one else but you.

:)

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi KS,

Maybe, its just a natural progression after leaving the cult, I have experienced with Ayn Rands thoughts, not very out there in the UK and Spiritulism, who knows where i"ll end up, lol!

R egards,

Star Tiger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit