Jehovah's Witnesses: Is it Christian or Unchristian for men to wear makeup at the Kingdom Hall?

by I_love_Jeff 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Jehovah's Witnesses on YA: does Prince wear make-up?

If he does, what does Jah say about that? Does the Bible make it implicit or explicit in regards to men wearing make-up? If Prince wears make-up, should he be reproved?

Additional Details

Responder states: "As for your comment about wearing make-up, that was in the Mosaic Law (which Christians aren't under, but instead their conscience), & was likely talking about looking feminine for immoral purposes".

Men wearing make-up appeals to vanity. Human beings naturally want to be accepted by the world around them. But what does God say about this? "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world" (I John 2:15-16)

It is IMPLIED in the New Testament by Paul himself that it is a sin for men to wear make-up.

Responder states,"you're mentioning scriptural PRINCIPLES. I happen to agree wih them, but that doesn't mean it would be a good idea to enforce matters of conscience"

JWs, is this particular JW responder promoting homosexual tendencies within your sect?

JW responder on YA states-"Again, you're mentioning scriptural PRINCIPLES. I happen to agree with them, but that doesn't mean it would be a good idea to enforce matters of conscience. That seem to be a very dogmatic & un-christian idea of yours."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...

So it is a matter of conscience for men to either wear makeup or not around Jehovah's Witnesses at the Kingdom Hall? If that's tolerated, are they also allowed to dress in drag?

• designs
    designs

You use to see more JW men with makeup and toupees in the 1950s-70s, now shaving you head is in style.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Is it Christian for governing body members to wear multiple rings? I swear, every picture I see, they have either a ring on each hand or two rings on one hand. . .WTF?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Don't care about his make-up. I don't like his high-heels and the multitudinous earrings.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Is it Christian for governing body members to wear multiple rings? I swear, every picture I see, they have either a ring on each hand or two rings on one hand. . .WTF?

What did Paul say about "the showy display of one's means of life?" Oh wait, they've taken a vow of poverty.

How many people can kiss the rings on your hand at one time?

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• mP
    mP

Since Xians have been killing, murdering and lying for 2000 years, i would hardly say that they would blush at makeup.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Well, the wearing of rings like in wearing a wedding band is PAGAN in Origin. So the G.B. are PAGAN MOFO'S. And I'm sure in private the G.B. dress in their wives panties as well.

Kojack

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

breakfast of champions >>

Is it Christian for governing body members to wear multiple rings? I swear, every

picture I see, they have either a ring on each hand or two rings on one hand. . .WTF?

Of course. One wedding band for they as members of the 'spiritual bride' are married to their 'heavenly bridegroom'.

The other ring as heathen symbol and token of dedication to their mortal wives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit