A New Language

by mamochan13 8 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I remember years ago COs telling the congregation how important it was to know the "new language" because we would be identified by it and it could save us when the end came. They gave examples like "rendezvous for service" which was popular at the time. Lots of others. However, we apostates also have our language. Any apostate terms that we could add to our vocabulary?

Here's my first. I"m not that good at this and may be missing some things, so feel free to add:

1. Borg. Fictional droids against whom resistance is thought to be futile, since they can implant themselves into unsuspecting brains. Resistance, however, is possible through scientific advancements and technology

2. Borg. A term for a high control group that uses mind control methods to keep members in subjugation.

3. Borg. The governing Body of JWs

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

TTATT is another good one.

I also enjoy some of the witty vernacular like "watchtarded, Asleep!, Beth-Hell, Jayhoover, elderette, piosneer and Kingdumb Hell." Lol!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Jdubs

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There is nothing new about the language, and it is definitely not "pure" as often claimed. It is a very corrupt language, see: generation.

It only exists so that cult members can feel special, like they have a special decoder ring.

With study, anyone can speak Theocratese.

http://jehovah.to/glos/index.html

• clarity
    clarity

CRAP ...

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Some of my personal faves:

Washtowel Babble and Trap Society

Field circus

ETA: I started looking at the "A" section of that glossary and my gag reflex kicked in. OMG I'm so glad to be out.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• talesin
    talesin

Asleep! magazine

Jehovah's Witlesses

Kingdumb Hall

:P

• undercover
    undercover

Dubs or dubbies.

I think it was Farkel who created that one... or at least popularized it with the message board communities. And for that I thank him, cause I love using it.

• talesin
    talesin

oh, my favorite!

I don't know if someone said this before me, but I have always called it ...

The LIE

instead of the Truth.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit