"Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

by drewcoul 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I understand that the Judge's book "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" has undergone a slight of hand change of title to "Millions Now Living May Never Die."

Where could I find the new title in print in any WT publication? I do not have a WT library anymore, and would like to show my mom how they have changed the name of the book in their references to it.

• Glander
    Glander

Too late. They have already died.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

When I reached 100 posts, I was supposed to be restored by 4pm est today.

Can someone correct this for me?

Please and thank you!

"Rip"

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Will ... may ... either way, they're all dead now!

Looks like the ol' Judge was wrong.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I remember picking up on this too. I remember telling the sister next to me and she said I shouldnt read into it. Haha.

w10 2/15 pp. 14-18 para. 8.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010124?q=millions+may+never+die&p=par

Enjoy! :)

Tim x

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Here is an article about it: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1925.php

As far as I know, I haven't seen the change in the title...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I think that the TALK was "Millions now living may never die" but the BOOK was "Millions now living will never die". Could be wrong

• Emery
    Emery

It was Rutherford's principle talk given from 1917 through the 1920s, the transcript was later developed and put into print. The society likes to refer to it now as the Millions Campaign.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I was right. Here it is from jwfacts:

He was able to re-ignite urgency into the remaining followers by announcing through public discourse in February 1918 that "The World Has Ended - Millions Now Living May Never Die!", declaring that the earthly resurrection was scheduled for 1925. In March the title was changed to the more compelling “The World Has Ended — Millions Now Living Will Never Die”. 2

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

ChristAlone: I read the JWFACTS link above, and it quotes the Jan 1, 1997 as saying the talk was titled: "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

I would like to find something that refers to the book or talk as "May" never die. I can then show her proof of their revisionist history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit