PLEAAASE modify the captcha logic on this website

by redvip2000 15 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I'm desperately begging to the administrators of this website, to please modify the logic of the captchas used to validate the logins.

They were perfectly acceptable up to sometime in the last few days when they seem to have been modified. The level of deciphering needed to read the captchas has gone up tremendously. It took me about 30 attempts for this last login.

Please revert the logic as it was before, where you had 2 words, one easy to read and another moderately hard to decipher.

• cedars
    cedars

redvip2000 - you do realize you can "refresh" the captcha code if it's too difficult?

Cedars

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Cedars,

I understand i can, but in reality clicking the refresh button, or clicking the login button takes the same amount of time, and they both bring up a different captcha, except one actually attempts a login

• Tooz
    Tooz

It has been the last few weeks for me.

I understand it is to deter screen scraping and character recognition programs ... however after 8-10 refreshes that are still unreadable I sometimes give up.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Maybe you should have the system remember your logon and just use the same computer to log in time after time.

• Tooz
    Tooz

remember the login? Some computers I use yes, but other computers that are shared no.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

For what it's worth, I've noticed and increased difficulty as well.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

This is a very useful forum, but there are lots of tech issues that make it very frustrating to use. Is that just the forum framework itself or is anything adjustable. E.g. IE9 posting, IPAD/Phone posting, double threads, not being able to paste... the log in is a nightmare!

• darthfader
    darthfader

I was wondering about the repeated need for the captcha to re-log in. It seems to me that once you verify that I'm human (upon initial account creation), it's highly unlikely that I would become a robot.

.02 worth

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Remove them they are becoming shit. Most times they are unreadable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit