Thinking People vs.Non-Thinking People

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OccupyJehovahsWitnesses
    OccupyJehovahsWitnesses

I agree with you Rip, and Mr. Freeze as well. I think there's definitely a variance between people and circumstances.

But the bottom line is that each one is executing their program, to the best of their individual ability at the time. And that JW program has everything planned for and explained. Like a TV dinner for life. The taste takes a lot of getting used to, but once you're accustomed to that convenience, you're hooked.

OccupyJehovahsWitnesses

facebook.com/occupyjehovahswitnesses

@occupyjw

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

of course JWs think. but they are under thought control. so they just think as far as they can without touching their virtual border. once you overcome that border, you are free. maybe. many just fall for another scam or manage to live with the lie - but who is completely free anyway.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I takes a lot of mental energy to keep up the facade. I think the thinkers that stay in build terrific mental defences, like a giant byzantine knot.

I married a feeler. He stays for all the emotional benefits (miserly, I know, but it works for him). My arguments go right over his head. Today for example,

he "Greta Garbo is Swedish and she is from Sweden."

me "Swedish and from Sweden. Wow. Are there many Swedish that are from somewhere else?"

he "I dunno. There could be."

me "So.... how about them Yankees, eh?"

Here's a common feeling for a JW - fear. Fear about their ultimate demise if they don't stay in. Fear of loss of status, relationships. Fear that their natural failings will be found out and all will be lost.

Fear is an unpredictable emotion, and people might lash out. Say things they don't mean. I spend a lot of my time calming my Schizoprhenic son down and everyone else.

• MrsCedars
    MrsCedars

I find that thinking provokes feelings. So I wouldn’t say that most jws don’t think but only feel. Since I started thinking I also started to feel more, and those feelings cause action. I agree with rip van winkle that witnesses are

told what to feel and how to feel, their compliance of shunning and accepting every untruth is from turning OFF their feelings.

• caliber
    caliber

Mrs.Cedars & Rip ... I guess non-think and stop - think may have the same outward appearance however

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had a lively conversation with some sisters at a convention recently. I talked about the innovations like the iPad and how it is changing how we do things. I could spot when the cult thinking kicked in. She jolted, and said that of course Jehovah would have something finer in Paradise. I went back to dull. I don't bother engaging the cultist much any more. They are so...predictable.

Oh, except to goad my hubby once in a while. I've developed a new look. It is sort of a wide-open zombie look whenever he starts preaching. I smile slowly as my eyes get wider and wider. "I mean...I mean....I give up. You are not listening."

• scotoma
    scotoma

Thinking is overated.

• minimus
    minimus

Jgnat, if an iPad is a barrier for a Witness, what else can be said about thinking vs. non-thinking.

• jam
    jam

The reason why it,s impossible for witnesses to think.

How to look at an argument, evaluate it, decide on how

reasonable it is, and make one of you own.

Learn to evaluate things, deciding whether Person A or

Person B is right about something, figuring out what makes

the most sense among several competing versions of

events, in short make up your mind about what is true

or (most nearly true) and what isn,t.

How many times have you heard- or even said, one person,s

opinion is just as good as another, or it,s all just a matter

of opinion? Well, the fact of the matter is that it isn,t.

Some opinions are well-formed and intelligently reasoned;

others are off-the cuff and ignorant. Some are the products

of considered thought and debate.

Witnesses don,t have time to think, and if they do they are DF.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Thinking is fine according to WTS leaders. Unless, it is "independent" thinking. Of course, since thinking by definition MUST be independent (otherwise it isn't thinking at all), that means the WTS does not want dubs to think at all.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit