crumbling architecture.

by perfect1 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• perfect1
    perfect1

Did you ever get the feeling some are really excited to see the world destroyed- going so far as to imagine, gleefully, certain buildings crashing and crumbling down. Of course this imagery is all over the magazines but I noticed some interalize it to the point of going around imagining their whole town in ruins, and then being delighted with the image, feeling righteous etc.

was there ever a building you imagined coming down- or can anyone speak to this peculiar feeling some exhibit where they are getting a real kick out of the impending destruction.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

lol, we grew up im a mobile home, being crushed was NEVER gonna be a problem. but i knew jah would have the earth swallow me if i messed up. lmao. thanks for the memory.

• perfect1
    perfect1

ha ha fakesmile. I can see that image quite clearly.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Maybe I was the odd one, but I always wondered why God couldn't just make the bad people and buildings disappear instead of violently destroying everything. Why would we have to spend so much time burying bodies instead of cleaning up the earth? It just didn't make any sense.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• St George of England
    St George of England

No, quite the opposite. Here in the UK, as in most countries of the earth, there are many magnificent buildings associated with religion that are too beautiful to destroy unless you are a complete Philistine, which most JW's are of course.

The idea that wonderful cathedrals such as York, Lincoln, Salisbury and Ely, that have stood for a thousand years will be flattened and no doubt replaced by by the 'architectural white sliced' that describes our new KH is outrageous. I remember some years ago when the Taliban destroyed an enormous Buddha about 1500 years old, carved into the hillside, I wondered how people could be so uncouth and ignorant. I guess many JW's would have done the same, post Armageddon anyway.

George

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    was there ever a building you imagined coming down

In 1999, I visited the World Trade Center, and I tried to imagine what it would look like for the Twin Towers to fall down. I already had been to a building implosion and I had a strong interest in architecture. I thought, goodness, those buildings are waaaaay taller than I had imagined, and I can't picture how they could be safely imploded and not damage the surrounding buildings. So for a moment, I tried to visualize the buildings collapsing, but I couldn't picture it. Then two years later, when I saw them collapse in real life on television, I was horrified to see the actual event, and saw the buildings pretty much fall on everything around them.

• TD
    TD
    Was there ever a building you imagined coming down....

Only if the Architect is in the building.... (Sorry, I've worked with Architects. Couldn't resist.)

• perfect1
    perfect1

CCC- agreed- i just chalked it up to a vengence thing. (BTW- never eat a cobalt cupcake, you will become very ill)

St George- Yes the Bamiyan buildings from when Buddhism made it to Afghanistan. A real tragedy to lose such ancient and enormous treasures. I heard the locals were peeved that so much cash was flowing to the preservation of the Buddhas which were at that time a world heritage site.

Leo- creepy premonition...

TD- >sizzle< that hurts.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The art museum glass pyramid in Paris comes to my mind as a worthy candidate, but some will probably differ.

• Glander
    Glander

TD - Only if the Architect is in the building.... (Sorry, I've worked with Architects. Couldn't resist.)

LOL, I have worked with them for 30 years. Some of them can be real prima donnas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit