Any one else like me?

by braincleaned 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I have pioneered every time I possibly could, gave talks... I was a good JW! But for over 40 years, I had nagging doubts about the character of God. To make a long story short, I'm now a happy atheist! SO... here's my question;

Is there anyone else out there that can't wrap their mind around those ex JWs that drool over Jesus, and how they found the Lord after leaving?

Is there anyone out there that thinks it makes sense (other than the need to fill the void with the same delusion?)

I don't relate... I left the illusions of faith for reason, logic and evidence. I thought most sis the same... but some go strait to triniterian dogma! WTF???

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Until the day comes when the chain of events leading to the existence of everything in existence is traced to the origin or starting point, that takes equal faith as the starting point being from a creator.

Even if that starting point of everything gets traced, there will still be the question of where did that starting point come from.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I hear ya loud and clear.

When I left (was kicked out for apostasy) I tried to be a traditional Christian. That lasted all of about two months.

The more I read, the more I just couldn't believe that God made a defective product, then sent himself down here to rescue the world from his own malfunction.

***sigh***

Anyway, I often think about the best way to reach an active JW. Point out the errors of the WT compared to "traditional Christianity"?

Or just cast doubt on the Bible itself?

I guess there is no one size fits all. I'd rather people just be able escape the Watchtower, no matter how they end up on the outside.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

people want to believe what makes them feel good, can you blame them? we are here for a few decades then we die....they always get back to this notion of "that is what satan wants" (for you to doubt the character of god)....but here is the thing....if i take a cattle prod and ram it up your ass for a few years, you are pretty much going to go along with anything i say, so what is the point? that fact alone pretty much diminishes this entire notion of god and satan in terms of the big sovereignty thing being challenged....how would we be a part of that to begin with? if i am arguing with my wife about my sovereignty in the house, do i then go and shoot at all the neighbors and say "nothing to see here dont mind the bullets we are just ironing out my sovereignty".dont worry i'll resurrect your baby damnit shutup already

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Until the day comes when the chain of events leading to the existence of everything in existence is traced to the origin or starting point, that takes equal faith as the starting point being from a creator.

Sorry, but it's nowhere close to "equal odds", 50:50. There's an absolute avalanche of evidence which is against the concept of God as creator, as depicted in the Bible.

Problem is, it takes personal effort to learn the evidence, and most people just don't really care. The information is not going to come from someone who's knocking on your door, one fine Saturday morning.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

EndofMysteries , I agree that ultimately, neither of us have the answer as to the origins of the universe. We both block on the first spark. The only thing that gives me more trust in Science is that we do have ample evidence for evolution, that does contradict the creation story if taken literally (which is a must to justify the ransom sacrifice). ___

LostGeneration "I guess there is no one size fits all. I'd rather people just be able escape the Watchtower, no matter how they end up on the outside."

You make a valid point. ___

cptkirk Unfortunately, Jehovah is such a sovereign. (Hosea 13: 16)
    ___

King Solomon "Sorry, but it's nowhere close to "equal odds", 50:50. There's an absolute avalanche of evidence which is against the concept of God as creator, as depicted in the Bible."

King S. we are definitely kindred spirits. :D ___

All in all, I feel that once you REALLY read your Bible, in context, with an open mind - there is no way you can rationalize the sheer wickedness of Jah. In fact, even Satan himself in the Bible, is never accused of genocide and slavery - as Jah is. I don't know how anyone can justify that.

I see no excuse to jump from JWs to any other denomination. None!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There's not a religious bone in my body, but it can still be fun to don the hat of a minister of Christendom to harrass a JW on the Trinity. Most JWs don't even know what the doctrine actually is, so they're sitting ducks as long as you control the conversation and don't let them play Bible ping pong.

• jam
    jam

My journey, Baptist, JW and Baptist. Now a agnostic.

After leaving the borg for the first time I begain to

understand the Bible. Just like you, what the hell. Has

anyone else read this book. Everyone that I ask, minister

people that were members all their life told me the same story,

you can not believe every thing in the Bible. Ok, which part

of the Bible are we suppose to believe. I would be upset if

I purchase a item with instruction to assemble, and the instruction

read do the best you can, some of the instruction may be right

and some may be wrong.

I like the JW view, Satan have blinded me so I can,t understand

God,s word. All I have to say, thank you Satan for helping me to

see clearly and understand God,s instruction.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I went from being raised JW (elder dad) strong belief to complete revolt against anything having to do with religion. Now I'm at a weird place where I don't know what I believe but definitely don't subscribe to organized religion.

I think it's a cycle and I'm just not sure what the next part is.

• sizemik
    sizemik

It takes courage . . . you must cross a void where you believe nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit