"You Might Be An Apostate If!" JW Grandma words yesterday!

by HelpMeBelieve 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HelpMeBelieve
    HelpMeBelieve

Grandma is concerned about my spirituality, worried I don't use lingo like "Faithful Slave", "Annointed Elders", "Waiting on Jehovah, endure the bafflegabbing, prevaricating lying friends"

"You speak too much about love, use Jesus of Nazareth's name too much! You speak the way apostates speak!" Grandma is going out of her mind, she never goes out in field service, she thinks everyone approved by the Congregation is good association!

"I am afraid you are leaving Jehovah, your emphasis on Jesus Christ's love, sounds like former apostates I knew as a young woman! We are told to think of Jehovah at meetings, why do you bring Jesus's name up so much? I am worried you are going to be disfellowshiped!"

School started this week, I don't need crazy old women thinking I am evil because I don't fall lightly over external emphasis of the spiritual human. Grandma thinks if you are a aux, reg-pioneer, MS, elder or above, you are approved by Jehovah!

"I am afraid all you talk about is doing good deeds, the love of Jesus Christ, and Charity." You don't mention field service, meetings or assemblies anymore, are you going apostate?"

What the hell is wrong with her, I know it's brainwashing but I am the only JW who is willing to take care of her. All her kids have disfellowshiped her, so I am stuck taking care of her, being looked down on, while she thinks her kids who don't care if she is eating cat food, are the "holy ones"..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Nothing scares a JW more than talking about Jesus.

If only I were joking.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

HelpMeBelieve- Try to hang in there!!! Your Grandmother is just concerned for you. Remember, she IS under MIND CONTROL.

And eventhough, LWT is dead serious- you've gotta laugh- it IS TRUE!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

I have a thoroughly bratty suggestion...

Suggest to Granny that you read the bible - JUST the bible - to her, bit by bit. [edited] On second thought, don't tell her that you're ONLY going to read the bible to her. Just start doing it.

And start with the New Testament gospels.

There ought to be enough "jesus" in the gospels to indicate to granny that Jesus is a major part of Christianity...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wanna freak JW`s out?..

Just use the word Jesus as much as they do..

The Truth/Jehovah/The Society..ect..ect..

The WBT$ does not like People who..

Say "Jesus" a lot..

http://comps.canstockphoto.com/can-stock-photo_csp5578417.jpg

...................... ...OUTLAW

• carla
    carla

unbelievable!

I like Ziddina's idea but granny will probably freak out thinking you are reading some sort of apostate literature!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Ziddina- you are so right.( You are really FOOSD!!!)

HMTB- Ziddina gave you really good advice. Maybe that will also calm Grandma down a little. It's worth a try.

LoL- Outlaw!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

They don't like Jesus because he, or his personna in the Bible, would not agree with the way the WTBTS Inc. is doing business. He would not agree with the way the group they foster, (rank and file members of the wt society) have been educated and he would not be happy with the injustices put upon their own.

I of course don't know this for sure. I don't pretend to be all knowing and self-righteous. I have no answers other then intuition and my intuitive thinking tells me that if there we're a Jusus and if he was divine and if he truly cared about people he would not like an organization like the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of whatever and on and on. Inc.

Does this mean i'm apostate?

• Recovery
    Recovery

Another believable firsthand experience. Yes, Jehovah's Witnesses scoff at the very mention of Jesus' name. How suspicious of you to use the name Jesus so much, even though it occurs 137,000+ times in the WT Publications. How strange and apostate-like of you (in the minds of JW's) to place any emphasis on Jesus, although pretty much every book that's ever been published extensively discusses the importance of Christ Jesus ransom sacrifice, the end of Gentiles Times when Christ began his heavenly reign, and how we can imitate him in the preaching work (which is out of obedience to Christ's commands). And how peculiar and absurd that you should mention the name of Jesus so much when we have two recent publications which deal exclusively with the ministry and life of Jesus.

You have GOT to be more careful.

• HelpMeBelieve
    HelpMeBelieve

Why does Jesus Christ's name scare JWs to death? Is it the fact that Jesus was motivated by love and charity, not by prestige and men's glory? She spends all her time posting on message boards (that's how she gets her eigthy hours a month).

Grandma has never qouted scriptures, only tracts, books or brochures. How can someone be in the org so many years and be lost with the message of the Gospel? I read Mark 1:1-3 and she freaked out, it bothered her "The Good News about Jesus Christ" not, the good news of the Org! Jesus said "A good person pulls good treasure from their heart", in all my years, never has grandma qouted any scriptures, she did not study for Weds meetings, or bookstudy. Maybe twice a month, she read the "private watchtower", not the Awake or public edition.

She is the perfect example of what is going astray, she's deny's the evil with excuses "wait on Jah" "The brother are imperfect" "keep you faith". "Jehovah has a slave that is providing our the best meals (why don't she read (eat the meals?) the magazines and books than?)...

Grandma is odd but I do love her, it provides more insights into the whole mindset of the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit